PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W T H just Happened

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W T H just Happened

well in position the program froze , leaving me scrambling around trying to figure out what went wronng .after restarting my putter half my chips were gone and was out the next hand . is this a frequent occurance or a weather related thing  ?

3 Time Bracelet Winner

i would like to replay that game without the interruption, which through my thought process in a loop and downhill and out of concentration on the game and more on the technical problem at hand.when i got the seat back online i was pretty flustered by then and just about no way could i come off the frustration acquired during shutting off the putter ,waiting for it to re boot ,re entering my password then waiting again. kids blabbering in the back ground , ever the less this is a game i would like 2 replay.
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I feel like it is apart of the game

Comment

Its sound good for joinging and make a dream come true

Comment

I guess its a part of the game

Comment

I am beginning to think my cards are showing as everytime i think i have a hand 3 or more players go all in  and im left hummin and hawwing as 2 what 2 do  in most cases i have folded the best hand.conviction should lead me in but making the bubble leads  me out. i will complete all the courses before i commit myself to play again . B u m m e d   out.         .

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

If you're sizing your bets based on your hand strength, then your cards basically will be face-up to anyone observant. Make the same standard bets whether you have it or not.
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
              Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

I got bumped out of a league game way 2 early yesterday my rank dropped like a stone might have 2 drop out of the league do 2 embarrassment
                3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Perhaps post some sample hands where you run into this problem, either on the forum or in the blog.. if there is any advice we can give, it may help you. A leak I have and I have played for a few years on and off is over committing in a non-value hand spot I deem is value. A value hand is only such if your opponent will call you with worse. So AA on a AA4 board is value hand of course but you can only bet value with it if your opponent will continue with worse. So my advice would be to know when your hand is bluff (you dont hit anything on the board) showdown value (your hand is good enough compared to what the board shows but its not the very best) or value (your hand should be the best or is the nuts)

Comment

[@baud2death] Thank you !
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

This happened to a friend of mine in that tournament, when he decided to check the player list to see if I was in and to watch my table. His computer basically froze up on him trying to sort the list, there were so many players.

Comment

@Chordless302 It was though Time wasted restarting my putter even seconds seemed 2 drag on it was a little overwhelming, just have 2 wait 4 another go next time. another lesson in expect the unexpected i guess
                        3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hello in an open skills  a game i was sittin on JJ in the BB mother nature said OR  and only 1 caller 2 my left ung , so i 3bb and was called , Flop   10 9 3   im thinking over pair throw in a bone half the pot ,at the time blinds 1000/2000  i had 60k playerat my left had just shy 140k,  so 20k raize ,it was called then he (checked)   HMMM! what next i raised half  ,flopped 5  he called all in i had 800 left i call and fall 2 trip 10s. another lesson from the school of hard knocks, position,cards,luck,timing and karma all factors. 4 fun and Challenge this is a Great Game .     

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

• JWK24
                            JWK24 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It's better if you post the hand history, either in the replayer or just the the text from it. The problem with this hand seems to be the bet sizes. At 1k/2k, a standard raise is 2bb+1bb for each limper, so we should raise to 4k preflop. Then with 1 caller, we should only be betting 1/2 pot on the flop. Betting 20k is way, way, way too much and out of line. It will cause only better hands to call and make everything we beat, fold... the exact opposite of what we want to have happen.

• colinmcn
                            colinmcn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            @JWK24 Thank 4 your reply i never thought the bet size would alter the play so much ,i hoped to deter him off the pot but instead i went in way to deep with the extra large bet.i was making aggressive plays 4 big pots to make up 4 being chewed up by the blinds and ante. which is a mistake i was blind to b4 ,Thank you the words of wisdom and i will be a lot more diligent from now on,

Cant believe i slept through the first 2 days thinking  7pm when you get pm and ams mixed up the difference can be 12 hours of wishful thinking then 22 hours to the next try ,so set those alams folks .the  game will start off with a cup of coffee and eggs not a steak and a beer like i first thought ,Good Game hope 2 C U on the tables, EPT 4 breakfast .

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hands R startin 2 vibrate coffeed 2 the teets played in the EPT this mornin 229 Wow what a ride,short stacked all the way.lucky 2 get a few cards and limped my way through it, followed that with a School Ticket chasin a Seat 2 the Big Bang under 300 there then Bombed out 18000sshh in the  $2000 Freeroll. This was Great Morning / afternoon outside it's raining and cold ,Thanks 4 The Chances 2 Play 2Day Pokerstars ,  

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

• wsb2006
                              wsb2006 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              lucky you

• colinmcn
                              colinmcn commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Quite sure it was a Fluke @wsb2006

• wsb2006
                              wsb2006 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              @colinmcn I do not think it was a fluke
                          Working...
                          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.