PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for my Premier League Month to begin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for my Premier League Month to begin

Hi my "official/preferred" online name is ShreddedLettuce and finding inspiration and holding on to it is what I want out of life.

Online poker gives me this.  It also tries very hard to take it away.  I just can't let that happen.

This is why after 3 years I've decided that a blog can only strengthen that inspiration,  I wish I had thought of it a long time ago.

So I'm going to share my stories, ideas and whatever else inspires me.  I need a foundation and a reminder and this blog is going to keep my love of the game that has given me the most inspiration in my life.

"Putting it on paper" is a solid decision in my goal to hold onto the inspiration because I never want to lose my motivation and poker can do that,  it can do it in the blink of an eye and this is my "shield" to make sure that doesn't happen.

Here we go.....

I decided to take PSO league seriously for the first time.

I didn't know about the Premier League qualifier options, but after reading through it all I used them to try get into the PL for August.

Planned carefully the whole of July.  It worked.   I made it.

And it feels very rewarding.

This is my first blog too, so join me on my August mission to finish in the top 30 by the end of the month.

Will keep this updated and hope some of you guys get somehting out of it, cause that is kinda the point of sharing for both myself and those who take the time to want to keep improving their game.

Bye 4 2day. 

Hope you return and see what happens.

Bracelet Winner

good luck in the premiere league . The strong survive, donks not allowed, play well . It's a great achievement making this league well done.

Comment

nicely done. I am starting my journey to better poker playing through the training available on this site. Just got my ticket to the Qualifiers, but I'm still having trouble with the patience. Look forward to seeing how you go

Comment

I just finished my first tournament. Obviously I wanted to do well, and I kinda think I actually did. Using the PSO calculator the "cut" or 0 points position was place 182 out of 554. So, I'll post my last two hands now. Blinds 400/800 and around 185 players left. I have no problems with the way I played them but if there is anyone who has some advice, it would be cool to read it. Not much more to say except that I am looking forward to the next one. Bye4now. [replay hand_id=509349 type=ps title_id=0 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=D909A0582F] [replay hand_id=509348 type=ps title_id=0 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=4A0E62149C]
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

I just finished my first tournament.

Obviously I wanted to do well, and I kinda think I actually did.

Using the PSO calculator the "cut" or 0 points position was place 182 out of 554.

So, I'll post my last two hands now.

Blinds 400/800 and around 185 players left.

I have no problems with the way I played them but if there is anyone who has some advice, it would be cool to read it.

Not much more to say except that I am looking forward to the next one.

Oh....finished 184th for a score of  -0.01.

Bye4now.

[replay hand_id=509349 type=ps title_id=0 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=D909A0582F]

[replay hand_id=509348 type=ps title_id=0 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=4A0E62149C]

Bracelet Winner

Comment

ignore the coment, sorry, see my next entry.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

My 2nd tournament wasn't very enjoyable.

Only 224 entries this time and it just didn't go my way.

Was card dead basically from hand 1 and busted out early.

I think I must've dropped about 11 points, which does hurt.

But it's all good, and you gotta be able to take these types of results and move on.

There's a long way to go and I'm just glad to be a runner in this race and I like to finish strongly instead of being a front runner.

Kinda sux having to make posts like this, but I took up the challenge and will follow through.

The next one will be much better (lol, cause it couldn't really be any worse).

So til next time.

cya

Making the right decisions.

That is key.

I didn't do that in the third one.

So I am stepping back, going to watch a few movies or have a rest but not play anymore with my mindset being where it is at this very point.

I'm actually very glad this happened, because I'm going to study this style of poker in the context of what it is...............a leaderboard.

I knew that, but in this last one, made a decision so early like I was on autopilot, not a good idea to see another hand until I am ready to play my "A game".

Lol, actually, after typing the above paragraph, I actually feel better than min-cashing in a micro tournament.

I'm so glad I started this blog now.

Day 1 has given me a lot of info I need to bring with me when I've "re-booted" my mind, so-to-speak.

Hope you all have a great weekend, and cya next time.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

[replay hand_id=512188 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=9F2D749690]

Bracelet Winner

Comment

My main objective before playing my 4th league game was to MAINTAIN and score points.

Thus deep into the tournament I made a few very nitty folds that I would never do in a normal tournament eg. AQ fold because it was for my stack and I made a decision.

I managed to finish 22nd out of 204.

My objective was reached for this tournament and I am satisfied with this result.

Obviously that AQ would have doubled me up and I could've, should've etc....... but if I had to do it over again, for this tournament, I would fold them again.

So, back in the running and my decision to take the break after last weekend paid off.

Very slow play (which is expected), but it became frustrating after a while, I thought the guys would mature, but it continued.

This is all new to me, so I am taking in all the info I can and will try see the logic involved.

Rank     movement                               score

#607      ^448               ZA slettuce     1505.77

Until next time.

Cya

Bracelet Winner

Comment

=D Nice hand..

Comment

Quick update on 5th Tournament.

200 players.

Finished 40th.

Should get around 10 points.

Grinding away and with the cards I got in this (my 5th attempt),  the result is more than satisfactory.

Going to chill now and watch the rest of Mud.  (starring Matthew McConaughey, Tye Sheridan etc.)

Interesting movie, I had to stop and comment about uncanny similarities of the kid in the film to Tom Dwan (on another site) but want to add it to my blog for what it is worth.

170.png" width="312">

maybe I am just mad.....lol.

Even if you just watch a few scenes I think you will see what I mean.

Anyway,  keep well guys, and cya next time.

SL

Bracelet Winner

Comment

That kid is Tom Dwan for sure

Comment

Watch the movie or some of it and see the personality, freaky similar.
                          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Nice hand - I would have bet the river though just in case he had a jack and checked back as he had position.

Comment

I hear you pockettones, and agree, (and it would've gone in preflop anyway), but getting that last bet was far more rewarding than the few chips I had left and that's why it was such a sweet feeling being in that mindspace and grinding on from there.
                              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.