PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grinding away with chip, chair.... and hopefully + ROI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @DrIbbo
    ICM is Independent Chip Modeling.... in a tournament, it's basically how much each chip is worth (and with it, any chip you lose is going to cost you more than every chip that you gain). It's due to the fact that unlike cash games, where each chip is worth a given amount of money and never changes... in tourneys, each chip's value changes throughout the tournament. For example, in a cash game, if you start with say $1k chips and gain $100, you gained 10% value from where you were at. However in a tourney, if I have 1k chips and gain 100, I don't gain an extra 10% of the prize pool equity. I may not gain much at all if I don't move up enough positions to even get to a pay jump.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

• John, your discussion of ICM is spot on. It should wake up a lot of folks reading this blog entry. And yes, much thanks to bfizz11 for the limp/stab play from the SB. Brian's videos are so helpful to anyone trying to improve their tournament play. Keep the ROI soaring, JWK.
      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

• Amazing recall, John. It sounds like Vegas was all about fun. Enjoyed your tale thoroughly.
        3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.