PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grinding away with chip, chair.... and hopefully + ROI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding away with chip, chair.... and hopefully + ROI

Had five + numbers in a row and going to try something this month.  Since I know that negative number's out there (and I'm due for one), gonna try to take a couple days off and see what happens.... the exact opposite of what I did the last couple months that cost me.
    Trying to get a PCA final ticket.   No luck so far in the 50 cent ones.  Got three 11th places now.... making $$, but want the ticket.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

hoping my total makes it for top 98 this month (on a very limited number of games).  Would be nice to get another cash or a couple points to solidify it, but any negative number could cost me getting it.  I'll sit back and see what happens and play tomorrow if necessary.  Then get off to a good start next month.

Another pca 50 cent game cash but no ticket.  Good ROI in them (only 1 non-cash), but need to get some tickets for it.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

to play or sit?  with 3 tournies yet to have results posted, still have a cushion, but a ton less than it was two days ago.  Almost afraid to play the last one, as if I get a couple negative points, I'm out of the top 98..... but a couple + pts will guarantee me being in it.   What to do?????  I want to play, but my gut feeling says I'm due for a bad beat (and you don't ever want to play scared in a league game... like I did two months ago in a couple at the end of the month)... it'll guarantee you negative points.

After two straight bubbles in the 50 cent pca qualifiers, did get a 3rd place and a ticket.  Hoping to keep the + cash going in them and get a few more tickets.  Also got a napl div 2 ticket yesterday.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

gut feeling said not to play the last day.  Made the right choice.    Now.... back to it for November.  Can play alot more days this month, so hope to get back to the top 10.   Have to see what happens.  Game's getting a bit more consistant, so hopefully playing more games helps.

Congrats to all that cashed in October, especially the top 10 and Scorp for winning.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Guess it's all or nothing.  Three cashes, three bad losses.

QQ ran into KK (expected to lose that one, as I had the worst hand)

QQ beat by 6 8 off (why in their right mind does a 6 8 off player call a 3BB preflop raise, then 3X pot bet after whiffing on the flop?)

KK beat by Q 8 off (another idiot calling 4BB preflop raise, then pot bet with flop of 2 8 10)

At least the bad losses were early in the month, when it only cost me 12 pts, instead of at the end of a month costing 50.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

2 more bad beats today... along with a 22nd place for league.  Won a bit in limit ring game, cashed in 50 cent pca and got another final ticket!

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

got two league cashes Sunday (up to 133rd).  Also added to bankroll a bit.  Got the bad runs in the napl freeroll and the PCA Final.  Hopefully a couple more cashes this week will get me back into the top 50, which can set me up for run at top 10 after I get back from vacation.

Bad beat central in the PCA.  Flop 2 pair with enough in pot to guarantee cashing.  Guy hits 3 outer on river after calling my all-in with absolutely nothing to KO me.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Real glad the Bears played Thurs night to free up my Sunday.  

Two PSO COOP tournies, gotta play in both of those to try and get tickets.  Don't know exactly where I was with the overall top 20. I had to be close, but the one bad monthly finish had to be what kept me out (the bad last week in it that dropped me from 13th to 156th wasn't good).

Also have a PCA ticket to use on Sunday.  Hoping for a better finish than the last one of those that I played, as was beat early-middle of tourney with pot big enough to make a deep, deep run in it (and had best hand when the chips went in and 1 card left to see, so had to call).

Have to be multi-tabling in most of them with the PSO league games too. 
                Need to make up for the two bad beats in my last 3 tournies (QQ beat again by garbage, 4 8 off..... 7th bad beat I've had with QQ this month in MTT's.  Also had AA get cracked by suited garbage.. and they didn't get the flush?!).  Back from vacation now, so can play alot more the rest of the month. 
                Keep playing hands the right way hopefully gets me back toward the top of the leaderboard.   I got into 87th, by only being able to play 43 games last month..... so it IS possible to get a top 100 with a limited number of games.  Now that I can play more, I've hopefully got nowhere to go but UP the leaderboard.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Just set a new record for myself.... and one I don't know if anyone else has done or not. 

I was able to play in 5 of the PSO tournies on Friday and cashed in ALL 5 of them.
                  Real quick way to rocket up the leaderboard, as I'm up to 4th for the month now. 

Although, after a streak like that, I definitely need to watch out for a couple bad beats (they're coming and gotta try to fold around them).  Hopefully they don't show up on Sunday for the COOP/PCA games.  I put my chips into the pot with the best hands and they actually held, normally a few of them get rivered.  It was good to see the odds hold for once, instead of getting donked by garbage on the river.  Pick your spots and put your chips in with the best hand... it's all you can do.
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thats awesome man! You should teach me how to play like that!

Comment

"Pick your spots and put your chips in with the best hand... it's all you can do."

Good advice! thanks

Comment

This one goes into the extreme grind column.  Was card dead the whole game, minus 2 hands.

94 hands, 9 flops (5 free from bb), 2 winning hands..... and cashed!   

If I can do that good without cards, I'll be building up a chip castle in front of me when I do get hands.  Hope I get a few hands in the COOP qualifiers and PCA Final tomorrow.
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Not starting off the way that I'd hoped.   Dealt  KK and had guy flop trips then turn a boat on me with a lower pair.    Not on tilt and still hanging in, but not the start to the day that I wanted.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

short stacked and pushed with AK (only had 3BB left).  Got called by 99 and did not get an A or K so out in 137th. 
                            At least with that hand, I was behind going in, so the best hand held...... if the best hand can hold, I should be in good shape overall, as I normally am able to get my chips in with the best hand.  Unfortunately, this falls into the very small % column where I didn't have the best hand when my chips went in.
                            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

well, that didn't work out the way I wanted.  After the bad beat in the blogger tourney, I went card dead and got booted from the COOP tourney in 90th (needed top 42).  Still, a top 6% would get me ITM in any live tourney, so could have been worse. 
                              PCA tourney was a disaster.  Every hand I lost (except for one small pot), had the best hand when chips went in.  Hand I was ko'd on, had 75% equity against random cards and 57% against the two over cards.  Decided to try it and lost (even drew into a flush).   Should have folded it, even with the JJ I had.   Oh well, can learn from that one.

I even avoided the league games to concentrate on these and also bubbled the NAPL ticket game too.   Hopefully the last league game will be different.
                              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.