PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG! Bad beats in Poker!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIXjr View Post
    https://www.boomplayer.com/29787338_4011FD32C1
    Hey all can someone explain what i did wrong here thanks ! wrong bett sizes ? 77% on the turn
    Nah, you did nothing wrong. Personally I like to cbet on a coordinated 2 flush board, and when checking I think check-shoving is better on these stacks. But obviously you are always stacking off with the nuts and no matter the line you choose you will get all in vs. this big a draw... like effsea said, poker happens.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League
    Can you win the leaderboard?

Comment

yikes just shoved UTG with JJ T4s calls and im out, knew he was tilting and wanted a call didnt expect him to be quite so weak oh well onto the next 1

Comment

TheLangolier Hey thanks for reading my post yeh i think check-shoving was better ,but not with the stack i had on that board.Its clear thanks for the info

Comment

I get rivered on this site every single day . Last night I was in a big tourney , I already made he money but was trying my hardest to make my first final table and get paid some real cash for once . I was waiting patiently for good hands aa, kk , qq , etc . Finally get aces make a huge pre flop raise cause I’m so used to losing on this site that even with aces all I wanted to do was steal the blinds this late in the game . Buddy calls flop comes 7 4 5 . I decide to push whatever if he hit his set then it is what it is . Buddy called had pocket rights . River ace to give me trips now there’s only one card he can hit to win and sure enough . Six on the river . This is an everyday occurrence on PokerStars and I’ve yet to win any serious amount of cash and I honestly consider myself to be a sub par player . Not the best not the worst . But then there’s all these other **deleted inappropriate expression per TOS JWK24** who win every single day ? It just doesn’t add up if you ask me but hey what do I know right ? It’s just poker
          Last edited by JWK24; Mon Jan 28, 2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

when u see bad beats ... it cant be worst than mine ... we went all in 3guys on flop and I had them crushed .. 99.4% vs both of them... and u know what .. I lost thats nice
            https://www.boomplayer.com/29884670_8C7D9A1F3D

Comment

I feel like a bad beat Is never deserved but happens way too often early in mtts so my advice is to try not get your chips in the middle with less then pocket AA or KK, I might even suggest folding high pockets early because of the chance of busting out to a bad beat. Instead try to accumulate chips without letting a bad beat happen in the first place, raise preflop, c-bet, and get them to fold before they get there. Sometimes the best thing to do is sit back and let em take each other out while you pick the best spots to make your move, I always like being the one to bet rather then have to call, having pot control can give you great confidence.

Comment

Is it only me or has anyone noticed that the bad beat is always in favor of the largest stack. No matter the statistics, you can lose from 90% favourite more so if you are the smaller stack going all in with someone. Just my observation. I actually had a chat with the support line about this. Ofcourse, they just say Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by SSSAM25 View Post
                  Is it only me or has anyone noticed that the bad beat is always in favor of the largest stack. No matter the statistics, you can lose from 90% favourite more so if you are the smaller stack going all in with someone. Just my observation. I actually had a chat with the support line about this. Ofcourse, they just say Sorry
                  SSSAM25

If we don't have enough chips, then the bigstack can profitably play 2 blanks back at us.. it all depends on the stack sizes (and of course, we remember the ones we lose, not the ones we win). If you play a large number of hands, so that the quantity of them is sizeable (at least 250k, preferably a million)…. the odds go right to where they say they should. I have that many hands on PS and on another site.

John (JWK24)
                  Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

Originally posted by SSSAM25 View Post
                    if this was true all you need do is get the biggest stack then go all in every hand......thinking thats not going to get us far I think but let me know how it goes...

Grade b
                    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Grade b JWK24 Thank you for the insight. I am not that experienced as many others here and these were just my observations from my limited playing hands

Comment

Craziest hand I have ever had the pleasure of losing. CRAZY!!!

https://www.boomplayer.com/30626105_096E4C4D5A

Comment

This is by far the worst beat with lost opportunities for potentially very good prize money. I had so many good moments to share, I made it deep but he stuck it in deeper. Would have put me in a great position in top 50. Check out this hand I just played on @PokerStars in tournament "$11 Sunday Storm 8th Anniversary, $1M Gtd, $100K to 1st!" http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/31044862_75C242659C … #BOOMPlayer

9:36 PM - 16 Jun 2019

PokerStars Tournament #2618304562, No Limit Hold'em

Buy-In: $9.80/$1.20 USD

128865 players

Total Prize Pool: $1262877.00 USD

Tournament started 2019/06/16 15:00:00 CUST [2019/06/16 14:00:00 ET]

Dear TheNantucketMan,

You finished the tournament in 1728th place. Congratulations! A USD 64.88 award has been credited to your Stars Account.

Thank you for playing at PokerStars. We hope you had fun!

I wanted to thank the moderators for the $25 prize from last Monday the 10th of June which paid for my entry to this tournament. I played very well and made few mistakes. The way I was playing I might have won if not for this beat. Poker School I think I have done you proud.

Comment

TheNantucketMan

Yikes! it could have been worse though.. the opp did have 4 outs, so they'll win 8% of the time. Play enough hands and you're going to see 1 or 2 outers all the time. Good run.

John (JWK24)
                            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

TheNantucketMan good run with so many players. JWK24 I've always had this question about tournaments. How do the players that manage to get to final tables so frequently avoid the statistical certainty of coming across one of these bad beats and getting knocked out? Do they deliberately avoid getting all their chips in with someone that has more chips? That doesn't sound possible, or is it my imagination that there are players that have a very high frequency of final table finishes.

Comment

DrIbbo

Two things. First, yes, they do try to avoid having all their chips in without a big hand. The other thing... you only see their final tables, you don't see all of their busts. Most of even the bigshots that are getting a lot of FT's, are only ITM about 15% of the time, and we know they're not making FT's with all of those. It all evens out in volume and you don't see their losses.

John (JWK24)
                                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Online Poker League

Comment

Working...
                                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.