PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double FT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double FT

In the summer i probably pulled off my best achievement in poker so far. I started around 6 or 7 mtts this session :-)

Last edited by andrewj50050; Thu Oct 16, 2014, 12:21 PM.

weeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!umbup: Very well done!!! Keep it upumbup:

Comment

Congrats!umbup:
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Wow!

Way to go!

Comment

Thanks i am hitting constant final tables by mainly targetting small field mtt's and playing big fields in small portions. That seems to be working for me i always feel i can win any mtt i play :-) if i played mainly large field mtts i would obviously get long dry spells of not hitting final tables because of the luck factor involved in poker which could lead to lack of confidence. I'd say game selection is important as bankroll management.

Comment

Unfortunately i have ran terrible in sunday majors and wcoop and scoop games in the past and invested a lot in satellites.. i just keep trying and trying in higher buy ins now and again and it isn't working out but the losses there dont harm my bankroll but they do hurt a lot.. can't quite get that breakthrough but it its hard to hit a major cash when you've only put together small sample of higher buy in attempts.

Comment

Seems i am doing great in micro and low buys in and decent in medium stakes but above that suffering a lot looking at this.

[IMG][/IMG]
              Last edited by andrewj50050; Sat Oct 18, 2014, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Yes, good points about field sizes. Haven't yet formalised how to do it, but there are field sizes and times which are more conducive to big wins.

I can relate with the 'shots taking' - I believe it only works well when you're not playing 'scared', and it's not 'scared' in the sense of hurting your bankroll since you're doing it well, it's something perhaps related to 'scared' about winning such huge sums.

We'll get there!
                Last edited by Nataraj1; Sat Oct 18, 2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

i wish you luck in your own quest's! i find those $5.502r1a and $4.402r1a the best games for me as their small field and have nice top prizes + quite deep stacked so good play will often lead to final tables :-)

Comment

I have always had high expectations from the day i won my first mtt and put myself under huge pressure sometimes especially in the higher buy in games i seem to put a mountain of pressure on myself to achieve that life changing score.. i'm trying to work on it and change that mentality.

Comment

Thanks Andrew.

A worthwhile pursuit, because anything that messes up with your play, your ranges, your decisions, well, messes up with the wins your deserve.

Comment

With your dedication and ability, it's just a matter of time before you hit that big score Andrew - please be sure to drop us a note here in the forum when it happens so we can come rail you!! umbup:

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.