PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can it get any worse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can it get any worse?

doing something wrong?
    http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...039_2F95865CA9

however took a deal an hour later in 2,75

Hi MonoPolygamy!

Yes, the bets in this hand are not very good. If I have a pair and want to try to setmine, I need to have 15X the bet in my stack and all of the opp's stacks.... this is not the case when the opp bets 360, so I cannot call preflop. I need to raise or fold.

Postflop, bets need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 or more opps in the pot, I can't bet less than a pot-sized bet and since this pot-commits me, if I have chips left after the flop (shouldn't happen), I need to shove the flop.

The key here though is to shove or fold preflop due to not having enough chips to setmine.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.