PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laughing at variance when it comes back to bite you on the a**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughing at variance when it comes back to bite you on the a**

FH rivered by a better full house.

Set over set.

Set over set.

Missed OESD.

Quit session and laugh.

At least you didn't spend 4 hours chasing your losses this time.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
      At least you didn't spend 4 hours chasing your losses this time.

Hopefully that's the 'Achievement'?

Ouch with the boat! And the coolers too Hopefully the cards'll turn around for you soon!!

Comment

They didn't today, still in profit for the month, but barely I imagine.

Comment

Wow, with such bad variance, to be in profit for the month's fantanstic! I wasn't able to say the same for June of this year - not even close

Comment

suffice to stay i quit my session soon after.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
              Wow, with such bad variance, to be in profit for the month's fantanstic! I wasn't able to say the same for June of this year - not even close
              Over the month I have run pretty well to be honest, I cant complain (I can and do in reality), I'm treading water at poker since the early part of the year.

Not sure if the games changed or my game changed.

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post

suffice to stay i quit my session soon after.
                That's just brutal.

Get it in good and be flopped dead

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
                  Over the month I have run pretty well to be honest, I cant complain (I can and do in reality), I'm treading water at poker since the early part of the year.

Not sure if the games changed or my game changed.
                  That's what seems to happen to me as well - I go for looong periods of time at breakeven ... and then about once every two months there's a heater, which is very exciting! The breakeven, not so much ...

But there was that big downswing I had in June, where my graph went into complete freefall for a short bit, so now im thinking breakeven's maybe not the worst thing in the world. Maybe because the VPPs and FPPs keep coming in, to make it not so bad? Wish my winnings at the table were better though, for sure ...

PS UL birdayy

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
                    That's just brutal.

Get it in good and be flopped dead
                    I had the same thing the other day, but KK vs KK vs QQ. It's a pretty weird (and rare) spot to flop an overpair on a straight-less board and have zero equity.
                    Somehow, I just laughed. I doubt I'd be laughing at 50NL though. It would take a while to regain a stack. :/
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Know nothing about PLO HI/LO but somehow took it down for a massive profit.

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.