PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbelievable!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable!

So i have QQ! the deck looks like this:
    *** FLOP *** [4s Qh Ks]
    *** TURN *** [4s Qh Ks] [9c]
    *** RIVER *** [4s Qh Ks 9c] [Jh]
    I shove on the flop with the set and get called by a **removed** with 10 4!!!! i hate ***removed*** on pokerstars!!!!! this is unbelievable!!
    Last edited by royalraise85; Thu May 29, 2014, 06:32 PM.

on the bright side at least you won the hand!

Never give up!

Comment

I must of been thinking of a different game or im a tad bit slow at the moment but my 1st comment didn't add up he got you with a strait. Do you have the history of that hand? The reason I ask is did you shove at all on the flop? I would have bet pot to protect. if he calls flop he will think twice if you bet pot on turn, do that he may fold. Me I would have folded pre flop and definitely on flop I never chase runner runner. if he was betting before river, he put u on no hand if you dont reraise him, and got lucky on the river, hopping for you to bet.

Never give up!

Comment

It's sick when this happen.

But this is what you want to happen, you couldn't have got it any better. Here you are like a 90% favourite to win. Ok 10% of the time you will lose, but better to be a 90% favourite and have a fish call your shove. You want this to happen all the time. This is how you will make a lot of money.

I say thus above, because it seems like by what you wrote you don't want these players to make bad calls.

Hope it works out better for you next time!

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Pretty standard spot.

I'd have folded river on that run-out. Yeah, I know it was AIOTF!

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.