PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I give up!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I give up!!!!!!!

    Last edited by CELL26; Tue Apr 15, 2014, 11:13 PM.

  • #2
    Sorry mate
    We all get those bad beats, I find that when I have felt beaten by flushes over and over, tune my game to respect them more

    Don't let the unluck beat yoy

    Comment


    • #3
      These are not bad beats.

      1st hand, anything but a shove pre flop is terrible.
      2nd hand, you had 0 fold equity and the villains had the correct odds to call with any two cards.

      Study your hands before you deem something "unlucky" or a bad beat. Try to figure out how you got to be so short stacked.If you can look past the unfortunate hands you will find it to improve your game a lot more.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Built-byTilt View Post
        These are not bad beats.

        1st hand, anything but a shove pre flop is terrible.
        2nd hand, you had 0 fold equity and the villains had the correct odds to call with any two cards.

        Study your hands before you deem something "unlucky" or a bad beat. Try to figure out how you got to be so short stacked.If you can look past the unfortunate hands you will find it to improve your game a lot more.
        I actually got a chance to look at the hands, agree that 1st hand should have been a shove, too short to play well on the flop, so either fold/shove

        Comment


        • #5
          i agree he shouldve shoved preflop but its not like we can see if it wouldve ended any differently if he did plenty of people on here love to play kj to a raise, also as soon as i see the 3 spades on the flop i wouldve probably dumped the hand, but none of that changes the point he is trying to make that pokerstars need to get a dealer that can shuffle lol, i have had this happen quite a lot lately pp ks versus 9s and they get a flush with 9, i can understand why they are frustated. I think the best option is to expect it to happen and then at least sometimes you get suprised when it doesnt umbup:
          Last edited by donkkilla76; Sun Apr 13, 2014, 05:03 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Cheer up mate and next time push your JJ when you are short stack.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by donkkilla76 View Post
              i agree he shouldve shoved preflop but its not like we can see if it wouldve ended any differently if he did
              The end result doesn't matter, what matters is making good decisions. Shoving with JJ in the first hand is a much better decision than just calling.
              Double Bracelet Winner

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Built-byTilt View Post
                These are not bad beats. 1st hand, anything but a shove pre flop is terrible. 2nd hand, you had 0 fold equity and the villains had the correct odds to call with any two cards.
                +1umbup: This is 100% correct. John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator



                6 Time Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes I agree with what you all say but the reason I didnt is coz jj is kinda my bogey hand Ive shoved with jj umpteen times and 9 times out of 10 I lose so as I said my confidence has taken a beating and thats why I didnt shove and I know I probably shouldnt have even posted them I guess I did it out of frustration really and was feeling a bit emotional at the time but anyways I appreciate your comments and on a more positive note my BR was down to 10c so entered a 360 player 10c sng and finished 2nd so onwards and upwards I guessumbup:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CELL26 View Post
                    Yes I agree with what you all say but the reason I didnt is coz jj is kinda my bogey hand Ive shoved with jj umpteen times and 9 times out of 10 I lose so as I said my confidence has taken a beating and thats why I didnt shove and I know I probably shouldnt have even posted them I guess I did it out of frustration really and was feeling a bit emotional at the time but anyways I appreciate your comments and on a more positive note my BR was down to 10c so entered a 360 player 10c sng and finished 2nd so onwards and upwards I guessumbup:
                    In that spot, if you dont shove, be prepared to fold to anything other than trips with that many opponents in the hand.. i wouldnt recommend getting involved at all but you are trapped unless you can get away from your hand, but really you dont want to be in the position of needing to - a bad decision is to play it, a worst decision is to play it after the flop

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Point taken baud I will remember for next time

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So I took the advice that was given me and tonight I had jj four times I shoved four times and lost four times so I dont think your shove advice is working lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lol, you can't just say that.

                          Depends what spots you're shoving in, were you the short stack?

                          Was there a raise, re-raise, cold 4-bet all in front of you, then you shoved?

                          All depends on the situations in which you shoved with your j's. How many times were you ahead.

                          The suggestion of shoving was in particular the spot you posted previously not all situations with jack's.

                          How often were you ahead in the 4 shoves you made? If you got sucked out on each and everyone that's just unlucky and if you keep getting it in good, eventually it's a winning play (long run)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes I know what you mean and I was just trying to emphasize the point that jj is just an unlucky hand for me for some reason and all the shoves were preflop and when I was on ft last night I shoved AQ and got beaten by jj lololol.I know I sound like a novice and I probably am in the big picture of things but sometimes I do ok eg I have managed to get my BR back up to $6.98 from being down to 10c but anyways I do appreciate everyones views on whatever their opinion isumbup:

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            X Cookies Information

                            We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.