PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does a poker player do? t...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a poker player do? t...

I catch Donks making bad shoves, have them dominate (example below,) and yet EVERYTIME I get busted :/ I don't want to hear about bad variance or how I played the hand. The variance the MAJORITY of the time is against me. I can have AA and ill lose to 72. I can have s set on a nice flop but PS will always find away to bust me out... I don't wanna hear that AQ wasn't the best play blah blah blah.... Point is I caught him making a bad move, I had him dominated, and I still lost. This is just unreal. Makes you feel like no matter how good you play, you're just essentially throwing your bankroll at Pokerstars. It's a joke.
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Thanks PS for all the crazy stuff you pull on us players. And I say that in the most sarcastic manner! umbup:

I always thought this happend only to me.
    I just want to cry the number of times I get it in good with a dominating hand AK vs AQ , AK vs KQ , AQ vs AJ , AQ vs A10 etc etc etc only to come up second best on the river.
    They hit their lower card on river or hit trips on the flop to the card they only have 3 outs to. Hit flushes or straights on the river.

The amount of times it happens to me is crazy and really makes feel sick to the pit of my stomach when you see the flop and know that that straight is coming on the river.

Comment

Originally posted by jysteruk View Post
      I just want to cry the number of times I get it in good with a dominating hand AK vs AQ , AK vs KQ , AQ vs AJ , AQ vs A10 etc etc etc only to come up second best on the river.
      They hit their lower card on river or hit trips on the flop to the card they only have 3 outs to. Hit flushes or straights on the river.

The amount of times it happens to me is crazy and really makes feel sick to the pit of my stomach when you see the flop and know that that straight is coming on the river.

Glad I'm not the only one. I understand variance and all that jazz but the fact is... When you are on the losing end 3.5/4 times man it's pretty bad. I take variation into account. I know I will have my bad runs. I know things in general happen in poker, I get that. But when you are changing it up. Playing solid hands pre flop and post flop and still get riverd no matter what 2 cards your given opponent has. It makes you sick.

I will go out and say this right now... I've probably had my AA and KK's cracked more times than anyone on here in the last year. I'd put money on it.

As a poker player, I know you gotta take variation into account as well as adjust my game accordingly. But when it's all going against you, nothing you do will help. Might as well message Pokerstars and say "Hey, just clear my account and take what I have left in there."

So Sick...

Comment

Originally posted by jysteruk View Post

Glad I'm not the only one. I understand variance and all that jazz but the fact is... When you are on the losing end 3.5/4 times man it's pretty bad. I take variation into account. I know I will have my bad runs. I know things in general happen in poker, I get that. But when you are changing it up. Playing solid hands pre flop and post flop and still get riverd no matter what 2 cards your given opponent has. It makes you sick.

I will go out and say this right now... I've probably had my AA and KK's cracked more times than anyone on here in the last year. I'd put money on it.

As a poker player, I know you gotta take variation into account as well as adjust my game accordingly. But when it's all going against you, nothing you do will help. Might as well message Pokerstars and say "Hey, just clear my account and take what I have left in there."

So Sick...

Comment

no way, your AQ got cracked.... this should not be happening... id email support right away.... sometimes there may be a glitch in the rng... may i suggest... try to keep things post flop... avoid flips, even if u think u are ahead u still are flipping most of the time... the times i keep pots smaller pre, but launch it post when i know i have the villain in bad shape gets me runs more often.... shhhhh this is top secret stuff.... you want your opponents in bad shape not in similar situations umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by 666bonez187 View Post
            no way, your AQ got cracked.... this should not be happening... id email support right away.... sometimes there may be a glitch in the rng... may i suggest... try to keep things post flop... avoid flips, even if u think u are ahead u still are flipping most of the time... the times i keep pots smaller pre, but launch it post when i know i have the villain in bad shape gets me runs more often.... shhhhh this is top secret stuff.... you want your opponents in bad shape not in similar situations umbup:
            LOL a little sarcasm in that first line hahaha. I get AQ ain't the best but I caught the guy, had him dominated and again I lose. I was just using that as an example of how things have been going for me. I mean I'm at the point were I gotta sit there and when I know I'm %100 to win my hand after the river lol I'll play. Otherwise, it seems pointless so I gotta let the chips bleed. :/ For the record... I have been doing the post flop thing but no matter how aggressive I get and know my opponents weak, they will call until the river and that last card ALWAYS helps them so It's a lose/lose situation for me most of the time.
            Last edited by TommysgotAs; Sat Apr 05, 2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

i understand where you are coming from we all know just because you have the best hand preflop doesnt mean you should always win, but when you hit the flop and still have the best hand the amount of times you lose on here due to the river is shocking, i dont think i have seen as many flushes or straights hit anywhere else i have played and i have played a lot of different sites

Comment

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...dition-255990/

2+2 set up a containment thread for this nonsense - feel free to offer your proof of your theories over there.

Comment

heres a idea why dont we post on the forum we are members of rather than going to another one, just because you tell us too, if you have no real point to add dont reply

Comment

Originally posted by donkkilla76 View Post
                    heres a idea why dont we post on the forum we are members of rather than going to another one, just because you tell us too, if you have no real point to add dont reply
                    I do have a point. Without explicitly saying anything, statements like:
                    i dont think i have seen as many flushes or straights hit anywhere else i have played and i have played a lot of different sites
                    Make it sound like you think Pokerstars card distribution is off ie. either rigged or inefficient. Which is nonsense in my ever so humble opinion.umbup:

Comment

Hi,

Have you been tracking your sessions with pokertracker or HEM. It might all be psychological. Post your stats, etc, and actually look at the evidence to see whether or not your AAs, for example, have been cracked as many times as you seem to perceive it. The facts will tell you the truth, you might be surprised to see that your AAs haven't been cracked as many times as you think - your only dealt AAs 0.45% of the time (over a big sample) so can be very easy to forget, in amongst all the other hands that you have played, what has really happened. I believe a lot of us will remember the downswings more than the up swings. Once you have reviewed, you can they see whether it's psychological, very bad variance, or if there is something very sinister going on. If you haven't been tracking your games, well, I would put it down to it being psychological.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
                        I do have a point. Without explicitly saying anything, statements like: Make it sound like you think Pokerstars card distribution is off ie. either rigged or inefficient. Which is nonsense in my ever so humble opinion.umbup:
                        see now thats better wasnt really that hard. No im not saying its rigged what would be the point in that the site makes money by having lots of players not by making certain players win or lose, all im saying is straight and flushes hit a lot, more than other sites i play on or have played on. Strangely enough most sites have different card generators so we have to learn how each site works and try to adapt.

Comment

Strangely enough most sites have different card generators so we have to learn how each site works and try to adapt.
                          They all work in the same randomly-generated way. Over the long run, good players win and bad players lose. There's no "pattern" to discern, and imo you'll drive yourself insane looking for one. Don't be fooled by randomness. Just accept it.
                          Bracelet Winner

Comment

I was condescended to by a riggie.

Not sure whether to giggle or be angry.

Comment

Its been happening from the beginning of time. You will never feel good about winning your hand until you see the river card. I learned to never get married to AA postflop, KK and QQ deep in tournaments I sometimes just fold cause I know im beat by some donkey with an ace rag or somehow happens to flop 2 pair or trips I stopped my cash game goals cause it was getting out of hand. Ironically hyper sat sng were a better option afterall cause I just look away to another table when I shove allin to avoid tilt when I see myself getting beat on the famous river umbup: So yeah sometimes you may think theres a doom switch on yourself but it happens to everyone even the elite pros. Theres this guy on youtube who made some hilarious videos showing his badbeat stories, search hes called "Magic612" I nearly fell off my chair laughing

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.