PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you should never slowplay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you should never slowplay

Some people just love to slowplay till the last moment

I love the way you played this. I always bet flopped quads. You ran into the top of villain's range here, but villains will pay you off with worse pocket pairs if you come out firing on this flop. Well played!
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
      I love the way you played this. I always bet flopped quads. You ran into the top of villain's range here, but villains will pay you off with worse pocket pairs if you come out firing on this flop. Well played!
      I would check raise the turn. Given that the villain has better than the top of his range here imo, we are smashing the board on the turn so hard I'd let villain float, catch a piece on river, or feel more confident with small pair happily.
      Without initiative I think "always betting flopped quads" is an error.

Comment

I did bet the turn small, because for me check on the turn looks a lot more a K than bet. And I do bet the king always when I don't have it. Players also love to call on QQQ or similar board with overcards like A or K to make a full house and in here it looked to me like he did float the flop with a king.

Comment

How is that hand called, Full Quad House?

Comment

Slowplay???

Would you have folded to a std 3-bet? If yes, their pre-flop play was optimal. If no, it wouldn't have made any difference. Their worst possible play is to bet you off of your hand.

Comment

Silence sometimes speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
                Slowplay???

Would you have folded to a std 3-bet? If yes, their pre-flop play was optimal. If no, it wouldn't have made any difference. Their worst possible play is to bet you off of your hand.
                i totally agree with you and lets be honest betting the quads couldve got you nothing you was lucky he had a hand and you betting convinced him you didnt have the queen.

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.