PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well thats the last time i bother with the open league

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well thats the last time i bother with the open league

Just can't beat these guys

Open league is simple.... Just treat every opponent like a fish since until you get to about 2000 they typically are and only around 500 do you see any decent players for sure

Comment

This kind of stuff happens in every game you find in poker. You just must remember that in the end you make money off from their plays. Always look at the bright side, focus on doing best decision on every given moment and you be ok.
      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

The worrying part is that this was around 190 left, so either he had a special feeling inside about this hand, or he was running to heaven with his fishy hands!

Comment

Here are the keys to the hand.....

too small of a raise preflop (2.2BB+1BB for each limper is standard)

too big of a bet on the flop (1/2 pot is std for a hand with one opp)

can't shove the turn (1/2 pot is std due to one opp)

the bottom line.. betting too small prices the opp in, then the too big bets value-owns ourselves.

Standard bets are the key and when they're not made, we get ourselves in trouble. Also, in a league game, I cannot be all-in unless I'm sure I'll be ahead after all 5 cards are on the board, which is definitely not the case here.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

tbh i think u would be suprised at the amount of players on this site will call a raise or even a allin with 10 8 and your bet pre certainly wasnt even close enough to deter anyone and to see the next card on a draw they are always happy to call, and after that you you didnt consider the straight, and who would if you think your playing decent players, but thats the whole problem in any tourney there is a high amount of bad players and being as a lot of these players arent even in the league ,and there playing for a 10 dollar prize pool they arent going to be that bothered if they lose.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.