PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

someone explain this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone explain this

now i just find it hard to understand this players logic we had been on the same table for ages so they new i only raised with good hands maybe they had physic powers

And why do you think they were aware of your play?

Comment

ps: What did you know of their play?

Comment

Probably thought you have something weak and tried to get you off your hand. He is kinda deep stacked and he couldn't really fold after that 3bet.

Comment

Villain's minraise might have been a misclick. Once you shove, he's getting pot odds of better than 2:1 so he kind of has to call with any two cards.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

I take it this is a tourney. Why did you open so big? I like a 2.2 - 2.5x open planning on 4 bet shoving or calling any 3 bet shoves. I have to agree with him thinking you had air with your sizing and he just thought you couldn't stand a shove and he could pick up a nice pot.

Please don't take this the wrong way I am not putting you down just pointing out some leaks. We always want to say how bad the other player played but to be honest I think you played this hand poorly. Lets say you make it 750 to go and he raises to 1400 now when you 4 bet shove, he is in a bad spot and probably has to fold and if he does call off then there is really nothing you can do about it. I wouldn't be upset in this scenario because we would have taken the best line with the best hand and got drawn out on, it happens but in the long run we are going to be the one dragging the chips.

I hope this makes sense to you and take it as intended.

gl at the tables
            Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by donkkilla76 View Post
              now i just find it hard to understand this players logic we had been on the same table for ages so they new i only raised with good hands maybe they had physic powers
              If you only raise with premium hands you're exploitable. Add in some speculative but easy to get away from hands. Small pairs and middle suited connectors (67s for example) are good but keep it under 10% until you're sure you can get away when they flop hits you lightly and there is action.

Comment

Originally posted by donkkilla76 View Post
                So you know this player is only raising with good hands. How about what they think about how you play. How often do you raise 4x from a steal position...to a thoughtful play that could look very much like a steal. After you then shove all in he has to call given the odds he is now getting.

Hard to say what any given villain is actually thinking.

Grade b
                I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

If you are playing against me Grade, I am usually thinking " I wish I had beer and pizza right about now "
                  Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by FireMedic815 View Post

If you are playing against me Grade, I am usually thinking " I wish I had beer and pizza right about now "

......yummy pizza, Its ok I'll wait while you go order.
                    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.