PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your calculators out !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get your calculators out !

This isn't a bad beat story. They bore the pants off me. I just wanna know exactly how bad I'm running.

Every time some numpty has shoved on me with suited cards this month (and I've called) he's hit the flush. EVERY time. Fourteen in a row. Where's stato? What are the odds of that? It must be like hitting the lottery in reverse.

All I can do is point you to a variance calculator

http://pokerdope.com/tournament-variance-calculator/

Any combination of actions can happen if you give enough time. Just be careful you're not pricing in your opponents with their flush draws. It could be other spects of your game that is lacking but you only just notice the flush draws hitting. Don't automatically blame your opponents when swings like this happen but they do happen.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

There's no "pricing in" applicable Oval. These are all pre flop shoves. Not that it would affect the odds of them hitting anyway.

Comment

It depends on what your holding. As you said the odds of hitting certain hands doesn't change, but the percentage of them winning/losing will be based on heros cards VS villains cards.

For example,

AA vs Td9d equity to win is 77% vs 24%

55 vs Td9d equity to win is 48% vs 52%

but if they are hitting the flush everytime, and that is what's beating you only, then I am not sure.

Is it literally just the flush that beats you?

Cheers,

Matt
        Last edited by pullin1988; Mon Mar 17, 2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.