PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bad day in the office ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bad day in the office ?

Another fruitful day at 2NL 6-max Yeah, all of them from today's session Today I played 600BB under expected value leading to a very tilted player....... Yeah I'm not proud that I started expressing some very negative feelings at the tables. In my defence, I just was having some pretty unlucky spots. A few examples (and I 'm leaving out the 'normal' beats as hitting top pair top kicker against a set etc..., ) Hand 1 - enjoy Hand 2 - some more fun Hand 3 - This opponent was loving the shove, I felt I was better and my feeling proved right. That is - I was better preflop Hand 4 - I just hate when this happens 2% right ? Hand 5 - Oh wait, didn't we see this one before Hand 6 - And in the end, we tilt...... Although in my defence Villain 5 is VPIP 18/PF 12/AF2 (flop 3 turn 1 river 1) (253 hands) I knew I was not having the nuts but as this player had been playing some decent poker, I thought long about his river shove and ended up calling as I could not believe this specific player would be calling on a gutshot on the turn. However I would consider this hand poorly played by myself ( I was going from tilt to control to tilt to control to ... well you get the picture )

Very therapeutic seeing I'm not the only one
    Anyhow, if you have some advise - welcome

Comment

Forget about hand results and focus on the quality of your decisions.

Don't get upset over your opponent's mistakes as they make you money.

Brutally honest evaluation of your decisions is highly effective in growing one's game.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.