PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL variance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL variance

just asking here those who think how easy is to grind trough 2NL while playing tight...
    how am i supossed to grind trough 2NL if i get it always in good and always get runner runner ... and i play like big sample of hands and just playing tight (my bluffs and squeezes always made me just ++, not --), and all my loses comes from these hands... like 5-10 stacks down from every session cuz of runner runners...

so i just came to conclusion that variance in 2NL is highest possible, cuz they will never fold and always hit...abc poker... ya ... show me.... i played it and all i got was getting it in good and getting sucked every time /....
    when i was playing higher stakes 5NL and10NL i guess it wasnt so unreal sickness.... idk why... mb of lower variance? i just came back to 2NL cuz i readjusted my Bankroll management from 20BI+ to 40BI+ and also cuz of downswing i had to went down....

its just... dont i have right to expect after 4x in a row, losing 85%:15%, to win at least fifth time in such situation? no words..
    Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Feb 22, 2014, 06:25 PM.

***Moved***

Comment

Im gonna be rough, to be honest, no one cares. Runner-runners? Suck it up and play through it and you will be fine. And if you really, really, honestly think you can beat 5NL or 10NL, then why just you dont stay there? 20 or 40 buyins, whatevs, if u can beat the limit its enough.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazYJohnnie View Post
        Im gonna be rough, to be honest, no one cares. Runner-runners? Suck it up and play through it and you will be fine. And if you really, really, honestly think you can beat 5NL or 10NL, then why just you dont stay there? 20 or 40 buyins, whatevs, if u can beat the limit its enough.
        even phil ivey can get 20BI downswing...

Comment

Originally posted by NaturoSasuki View Post
          even phil ivey can get 20BI downswing...
          Well if you doing it for living then yes, 20 BI is bad, but for rec player... Ofc i know, ive also had 20 BI swing.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.