PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad bad day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad bad day

I soon went out after this Was this a bad beat? Did I play it wrong?

Huge suckout.
    [x] bad beat
    [x] played it good

Comment

Played well... I'd have played it the same way.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

There's absolutely no choice but to reraise imo, calling trying to slow play or trap with minimum 3 in the pot is a recipe for disaster. Your reraise size was also spot on imo.

Unfortunately you are going to experience people overplaying AK and just getting lucky.
        Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Very very bad beat, really. Just two tight aggressive players heads up by the reraise you made, and the underdog lucks out.

Another way you could have approached pre-flop is to reraise the minimum or just smooth call. After that, you can jam post-flop to make a decent amount of money. This allows you to set a trap against UTG, and may have checked to you depending on the player. Since the board was quite dry, you could have made him fold on the flop by doing so. However, I would have much preferred the decision you have taken in order to obtain the maximum value.
          Last edited by CardsVeteran; Tue Feb 25, 2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.