PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and it strikes again,.,,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and it strikes again,.,,

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...036_A1D29409BF

damn 6 came on river...

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...927_40EDC20022

had a laugh in this hand tho

Comment

In the first one, the bets were so small that the opp was never priced out. If they're not priced out, they SHOULD stay in the hand. If the bets were high enough to price them out, that's the only way they should fold.

The second one is a standard cooler. Jx should never be folding the turn there, ever.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hand 1 was very loose play in the first place, yeah, it ended up being a suck out, but sometimes K9 doesnt hold.

Second hand, Boomplayer seems to be broken because the action in it doesnt make any sense. It shows you as limp/raising with TT UTG+1, flopping Quads, taking about 7 bets to get to $1, then making a ridiculously small turn bet and proceeding to mess about again. Would almost have been justice if he had JJ going by that action.

Can you post the real hand history for it?

Cheers.

Comment

K9s should never be calling that 3 bet, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by magicius View Post

Me too...when you open limped the 10's.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
              Hand 1 was very loose play in the first place, yeah, it ended up being a suck out, but sometimes K9 doesnt hold.

Second hand, Boomplayer seems to be broken because the action in it doesnt make any sense. It shows you as limp/raising with TT UTG+1, flopping Quads, taking about 7 bets to get to $1, then making a ridiculously small turn bet and proceeding to mess about again. Would almost have been justice if he had JJ going by that action.

Can you post the real hand history for it?

Cheers.

Well played bhoy,you cheeky monkey you.

Comment

why does everyone minraise? seriously, stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
                  Me too...when you open limped the 10's.
                  i limp it on purpose cuz i limp pocket pairs quite often...

when i raise pocket pair JJ QQ KK AA 85% of time i got beaten...

and about silly betting on turn dunno why i didnt just shove there

Comment

Originally posted by magicius View Post
                    i limp it on purpose cuz i limp pocket pairs quite often...

when i raise pocket pair JJ QQ KK AA 85% of time i got beaten...
                    Limping big pairs is a recipe for disaster. Doing so gives the opps the correct odds to be in the hand. When they get the correct odds to play, they will win chips on average and if I do so, I deserve to lose the hand. I need to be making plays where I expect to gain chips, not to lose chips.. and limping pairs and making non-normal bets that price in opps are plays where I'd expect to lose chips.

John (JWK24)
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think there can always be a valid argument made for limping early with AA/KK though IF you know you are on a really aggy table.

Comment

Originally posted by Danutz75 View Post
                        I think there can always be a valid argument made for limping early with AA/KK though IF you know you are on a really aggy table.
                        I disagree. If you're on a really aggro table, there's more value in raising, expecting aggro players to 3-bet you, so you can get stacks in even more easily.
                        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
                          I disagree. If you're on a really aggro table, there's more value in raising, expecting aggro players to 3-bet you, so you can get stacks in even more easily.
                          +1umbup: John (JWK24)
                          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well that is normal thing to do with big pairs,but since online players call with pretty much anything i feel its much safer to limp kk and see if there is an ace,fold it cuz u are up againsrt guy with a5o...
                            Yesterday i lost like 4 hands,some of bigger pots,some of allins
                            With AA vs 5set,Kk vs AK and even KK vs 46o(he prolly was shot stack tilt all in,but i couldnt fold...

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
                              Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                              +1umbup: John (JWK24)
                              Well you may both disagree, but you would both be wrong to do so. To be as ABC as to say there is never a scenario where limping on an aggy table from early position is valid, is niave at best. Of course there will be various meta factors involved, including player histories and notes, whether MTT/SNG/CASH, stack sizes, your perceived table image as well and all the usual other suspects. However to say there is never going to be a valid situation where it could be a valid play is not only very blinkered, but also plain bizzare.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.