PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1.50 Sit and Go win (more than meets the eye)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1.50 Sit and Go win (more than meets the eye)

I hate getting it in so early in a tourney but I think this spot was justified. Many would just shove all in but I never gave up and didn't panic. I wanted a load of limpers in this next spot but I'm calling any raise or shove. When I missed the flop completely I had to fold. I know I'm really short but still can pick a hand for all in. Suited connectors are strong enough although I know I need to hit lucky. Never panic again, just keep waiting on spots to accumulate chips. Remember the whale that busted my KK? Unlucky bubbleboy. 50 chips and a chair
    Bracelet Winner

Wow, nice comeback. Congratz man!

Comment

Really nice comeback.

Well done.

Comment

It feels so good when you come back from such a big deficit, awesome job. umbup:umbup:umbup:
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

nice one ovalman, and yes KK early is for sure one of that hands you can feel good about getting it all in.

Grade b
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Nice one indeed, well done Sir

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Comment

Thanks guys, I was 4 tabling and played my A+ game. I won 2 and a 2nd and 3rd.

I mentioned the T9s hand on my blog. Many would shove in this spot but limping here gives others a chance to limp behind me. If I shove I may scare out players who would otherwise limp. I don't mind if someone raises behind me, I'm never folding pre flop and T9s is a great hand in a multi way pot. When I bricked the flop I think it's an easy and correct fold even though it only leaves me with 50 chips. I never panicked at any stage and although I got lucky with the 97s I felt I played really well throughout.

The K5o call was a difficult decision but I felt 3 against 1 is a good way to KO the player as one of us would only bet if really strong. I felt doubly pleased because the player KO'd was the whale that cracked my KK with his QJo.

Heads up 2 pair was just too strong to pass even though I felt there was a decent chance I was behind. If he'd have raised pre he'd have won the hand without a showdown so it was his mistake and not mine. My check on the turn was to indicate weakness and I thought he would raise (as he had done before.)
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.