PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Losing pocket QQ done right

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing pocket QQ done right

Sometimes a man decides that he will win this hand with QTs and that's that.
    This a story of that man...

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...847_E29AD877AC

Re-raise and shove preflop... before the opp can see that they have a straight draw.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hands like QQ are better in HU pots. Massive raise with the A7o (Make a note on that player) and then when it comes to you there is only 1 move....that's shove. QTs will probably fold if you shove pre flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_Luggs View Post
        Hands like QQ are better in HU pots. Massive raise with the A7o (Make a note on that player) and then when it comes to you there is only 1 move....that's shove. QTs will probably fold if you shove pre flop.
        Notes were added post hand, apparently it's -EV to shove allowing him to play perfectly and fold worse hands and since he won't make his flush a vast majority of the time, I am happy to call his shove.
        Believe me, in my amateur head, at these stakes, I do wanna shove to make them fold post flop if I know I am ahead and they are chasing outs.

But you know how it is when a man decides he's winning right, you just get out of the way..

Comment

I understand what your saying but was under the impression on that's how you play maybe if it's HU. Are you not giving them the odds to come along and aren't pp's worse in multiway pots?
          If the correct play here is to flat then I need to change how I play them....thanks

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.