PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys deal with Bad Beats?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys deal with Bad Beats?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...771_89E74D4E15

I say "NEXT"umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by DrDonkin View Post
      I say "NEXT"umbup:
      this my first few years they would mess with my melon........... but as i started playing more tables and understanding the game any more it just another hand and there is always another game. there still some that hurt, but none that i get my head out of my game plan. The sooner you can let them roll off you that better your game will be Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables Brian
      Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I was in that situation also before, cash online tournament.my very first bad beat on the internet. I almost threw my laptop and smashed PC mouse. But i took a deep breath and laugh at myself. Bad beats are part of a poker game..It happens! Just take a break and forget it. Some good prof poker players that I've watched on tv also had a bad beats but they took it as a learning experience and yet they became more better players. Example is Phil Helmuth. Try to read a book called The Poker Mindset, it will help you understand and cope with the bad beats. Also keep a note of all the suck outs in your favor, there will be plenty. In my last tournament I put bad beats on two players and lost the heads up by a minor one. You must accept them as part of the games flow. Note for that player who beat you and give him a wish of luck. Coz later on when you meet again on the table he will surely face a big sharkumbup:umbup:
        Last edited by optimus8778; Mon Nov 04, 2013, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Understand that beats,bad and standard,are part of the game and you'll give them out as well.

I've never,not once,seen a player ever offer to give back winnings obtained when they were the ones dropping a beat on someone else.

Aff,one thing to think about...if you're taking more bad and tough beats than you're doling out then that just means that you're making more solid decisions than your opponents and this is a GOOD thing as you rely less on luck than they do. Luck is random and flits around from player to player (like a Kardashian at NBA All-Star weekend...) and there's no telling when it will come and leave. Skill and good decision making is tangible and in our control.

Comment

At least the guy was deep-stacked and fancied flopping a set.
            It's morons with no real equity splashing chips and sucking out that makes me want to smash things. Being a gamer, smashing a $200 mouse over a 50c tourney seems pretty -EV.

Have a dekko http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...302_0108C600C1

I don't know if I'll ever get to a state where that won't tilt me.
            I plan on having a dedicated poker room with a punching bag and baseball bat to deal with them.

Comment

Dealing with bad beat is really easy. If u get bad beat, usually means you made correct play. This should make you happy cause in long run you end on top. For me I check my ego in register button. Bad beats happen both ways sadly human mind remembers one u get only and not ones you dish out.
              Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

change poker room...

Comment

There is no such thing as a bad beat.....hiccup
                  Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

The better the player you are the more you should get. You can't get a bad beat if you get your money in bad. The more I learn about the game the less I become tilted as the more I understand that I played the hand the best I could of played it. If that happened then I know I did great to get them to get all the chips in in bad shape. Saying that sometimes if you get one after another in a row it can be frustrating. If your not playing your A game take a break. Just by doing this you will see an increase in your win rate. Good luck umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post
                      There is no such thing as a bad beat.....hiccup
                      True, specially when playing 72o like you do.

But seriously I really agree. Bad beats are just figments of mind that does not have any substance in reality. There is just variance.

Comment

" I don't get angry when someone gets lucky against me, I cheer because that means I outplayed him and got him to make a bad play

I get mad when I play a hand badly"

Felix xflixx Schneider

Read more: Best Quote ever from Live Training - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2kMcLZjhA
                        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

I say Nice Hand Sir

"A weak player may be a nit but a nit is not necessarily a weak player"

Comment

lol

Comment

Usually I celebrate.

Because I make more bad beats than my opps.

However - in the long run I know that just makes me a bad player.

But I try not to think about it - woohooo I won!

Ed
                              4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.