PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV Line - Running Bad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EV Line - Running Bad

I know they say not to look at your EV line as it can be a bad indicator, but still please tell me things are going to even out. Doesn't seem much difference of $122 until I tell you and this is from playing 2NL......61 Buy ins WTF lol

try to suck out more

Comment

Wow losing that many buyins at 2NL is BRUTAL!! You got to analyze what went wrong during this downswing and go from there.

Comment

I know I have probably made a lot of simple mistakes I wouldn't normally make out of frustration at times. You know when your running bad when you get it all in on the turn with the nut flush against someone with a GS Str8 FD and your speechless when they don't hit it lol.
        I've got a new plan of making my game a bit more simple and play less variance. Keep it simple and get myself out the other side and hopefully I can start playing my opponents more when I get back to 5NL.
        Please send me some good karma my way

Comment

Still running bad but slowly getting back to winning ways today.
          Typical hand......Value town....population ME

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...984_D4872EBA97

Comment

Mikey, I'm not totally sure, but ... except for the hands between 83,000 and 84,000 ... are you going all-in with a lot of bets/raises where you're getting pot odds to call, but you're like a 3:1 dog type situation?

I guess once in every four hands you should be winning in those spots, so like if that's not happening then yeah for sure you must be in a downswing. But those are higher variance spots, so that might be one reason for the massive divide between your two lines? I've never seen one so bad - yikes! Hang in there!!

Comment

Pre flop I'm not winning hardly any flips but not had a massive amount of them. Have had allot of all ins but I would say over 80% are post flop. On top of been out drawn after the money goes in I have had allot of these type hands.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...846_6643253ADF

You slow play and his most likely hands hit (Villan a NIT with Mainly FD's and over pairs in his range) and you end up making a crying call on the river.

TBH I feel like I've had a right good moan and my mind set is in a much more positive mind set. I just got to keep believing what I'm doing is good enough to crush these stakes. Even with this downswing I still have a win rate at 2NL of over 6bb/100

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_Luggs View Post
                Even with this downswing I still have a win rate at 2NL of over 6bb/100
                Oh well that's great to hear - cup half full Hope your downswing turns around for you really soon!! umbup:

Comment

Me too...thanks Sam

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.