PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK vs 67s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK vs 67s

Keen to get opinions on this one - initial reaction was one of the worst beats ever, but in hindsight should I have shoved pre-flop? I thought the min re-raise would tempt the call or shove back to me and get max value, but ended up finishing me... Early stages 9 man hyper.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...866_A9544D3F46

The opp probably wouldn't have folded anyway due to it being a hyper, but the ONLY play for any hand I want to play here is to shove. A standard raise is to 3X the previous bet and since a bet of 180 pot-commits me, all I can do if I want to play the hand (regardless of my holdings), is to shove.

That's a good example of why hypers have higher variance.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah shove pre, because you are probably never folding on any flop.
      You want to get maximum value and shoving preflop seems like the best way to achieve it.

Comment

Hello mando_jefe,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

I tend to agree with JWK here, I think it's a pretty easy shove and with it being a hyper you can probably get called by a lot worse. In this case it's kind of unlucky the villain got there but it's a high variance type of game, these things happen.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers guys, thanks for the replies! Looking back, I agree I should have shoved with it being a Hyper. I think my reasoning was that it was very early stage, I wanted a chance to stay alive if for example and ace came out on the flop. Saying that, I was well pot committed so wouldn't have not shoved the flop anyway. I doubt the villain would have folded anyway as they were pot committed too, so the result would have been the same. Take it on the chin and live and learn etc!

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.