PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did i just find my hotspot?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i just find my hotspot?!

So today after playing very poorly in every one of my regular style sngs, i decided to give the 1$, 90 player [turbo] games.. i ended up putting my last 1$ on that game... AND WON umbup: after the win, i have played 2 more, and won ANOTHER ONE! My lifetime record at these tournys is 2/3 for 1st both times!! Very happy with they way these games have gone, and i think im gonna stick with them Wish me luck! Hope to see you all on the felt mileypoker:
    Last edited by 3WadeFan; Sat Oct 12, 2013, 02:56 AM.

Congrats for this despite the lolsamplesize

You must be careful not to get too complacent though as you can easily hit long stretches of no ITM.

Similar things has happened to me when I tried new games/stakes in the past but usually it has been followed by a downswing.

My theory is that these initial good runs could be due to a combination of factors:
    a) when trying a new stake I tend to concentrate on my game. after a spell of good run I get overconfident and start multitabling too much or read forums while playing and so on.
    b) when I am a newbie in a game/stake before I have adapted to how people play these I may be playing erratically throwing the regs off guard.
    c) the regs simply have not yet collected enough statistics on me to be able to crush me. as soon as they have some stats and seen some showdowns they have my number

Comment

I will keep that in mind! thanks alot for the tips!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.