PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I took down tonight's Premier League tourney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took down tonight's Premier League tourney

I've been running really badly in most "real money buy-in" games, but I'm still doing great in freerolls. The good run continued in tonight's Premier League, in which I think I must have been at about 400% of EV in called all in situations, as I only lost one race in the entire tourney. It all started with some non-standard plays. It's not often I make a double-float with complete garbage (J9 high), but when a villain minbets 2 streets on a wet board, I think I have a bunch of "bluffing outs". Repping a flush seemed like the obvious play on this river. I was somewhat bored of the game when I picked up 44, facing a raise from a LAG. My instinct told me folding was the obvious play, even though I only had 9bb, because villain would surely call with his entire range due to pot odds, and 44 is flipping or crushed. Once another villain reshoved, I think the first raiser can make a profitable call with ATC. He actually had much better than that. 44>QQ>JJ and I suddenly had a decent stack, despite making a play with a negative expectation. Feeling confident - perhaps to the point of complacency - I made one of the weirdest plays ever. Another double float, but this time with 3 high on a super-scary board. My thinking was that villain would never limp the SB if he had an ace in his hand. The aejones theorem ("No one ever has anything") was also bouncing around my head, as this was a BvB hand. The small turn bet confirmed villain's weakness, and the river queen seemed like the perfect card to bet when he checked. Double-floating with the nut low ftw! I kind of cruised to the final table by shoving almost every time I was in late position. Villains in the Prem fold too often, so I was a push-botting machine. Three-handed was tough, as both players seemed fairly good, but they wrongly gave my open-shoves too much credit. I lost a huge pot as chip leader with AK<88 The prizemoney might seem negligible (especially given the 4 hours of play) but the sense of satisfaction is huge for me, because playing the league has been akin to torture for the past few months. It's nice that the runbad has come to an end in such fine style!
    This win has given me renewed confidence to play tournaments. I'll be putting up another staking thread in a couple of days, so look out for that and grab a piece of the action while I'm running hot.
    Bracelet Winner

Congrats Arty!
    Just don't win the whole premier league, since I am planning to.

Comment

nice one Arty!

Comment

Great result, lack of confidence can be a big issue and with the variance of mtt's this is magnified. Don't forget "I've been running really badly" has no actual relevance on games you have yet to play apart from the psychological aspect. Ship some more umbup:
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

N1 Arty, congratulations!

I found your color codes rather interesting. Firstly, it is great to see you do take notes on everyone. Secondly, I am surprized there were so many different player types at the ft. Either that or your color codes are 10x more detailed than mine

glgl

Roland GTX

Comment

n1 arty way to go ...

Comment

Congratulations on that, GL in your gamesumbup:

Comment

Congrats Artyumbup: Take down the PSL this month. Good Luck in your grind. PH .

Comment

Congrats sirumbup:
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

Fantastic result Arty umbup:

Comment

umbup: Keep it up!
                      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Nice one! And definitely this:
                        Originally posted by DonkeyJez View Post
                        Great result, lack of confidence can be a big issue and with the variance of mtt's this is magnified. Don't forget "I've been running really badly" has no actual relevance on games you have yet to play apart from the psychological aspect. Ship some more umbup:

Comment

Congrats Artyumbup:
                          3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well done.

keep up the good work

Comment

wp ! dont play league heard you get points so hope you get lots and move up and win more m8umbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.