PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$7 STT - What do you think of the call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $7 STT - What do you think of the call

ITM, sick bad beat for me?

What do you guys think of the call here?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...779_1CB674E9F9

67%-33%,ugly for sure but not a bad beat really.

As to the call...think you can safely mark this as a standard play for this villain so next time you have occasion to shove on their BB remember this and know that they're likely to defend their BB when this short with any two and adjust your shoving range accordingly,knowing that you'll most likely be showing down with your hand.

Comment

Yeah not really a bad beat.
      But the call is slightly -EV for him since he has to call 1000 for a 3000 pot, so he needs 33% to break even.
      Given your shoving range, it is a very loose call but not terrible.

Comment

Thanks guys, Yes you are right not really a bad beat. As the caller I'm inclined towards 2.5 : 1 for any two cards. With the general 2 : 1 rule I'd need some sort of hand. But with two very short stacks not much in it. umbup:

Comment

Not really a bad beat UL you could'nt hold though

GL at the tables, Affluenza.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.