PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doyal Brunson hand heads-up in a $7 STT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doyal Brunson hand heads-up in a $7 STT

Hey guys and girls,

No expert on hand equity but was heads-up in a $7 STT. My btn with 6bb behind + 1/2 a bb invested in the sb + antes.

Shoved the famous Doyal Brunson ten deuce off and hit a ten vs 88. Now chip leader I took the tourney down a few hands later for a $29.03 win.

For you math guys or girls. Calling range for a 6bb shove + some dead money pretty wide vs T2o? I think I got lucky.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Aug 03, 2013, 04:52 AM.

Were you the preflop shover or caller? I am confused.
    Anyways villain's range when calling a shove has to be approximately 30%.
    T2o versus that range is 30% and with 12% of your stack in the middle + the fold equity, it is a profitable shove.
    Now villain's shoving range could be loose, I estimate it 40-50%.
    Versus that range T2o is 32%, so it is slightly a -EV spot calling.
    That calculation is just a general estimation of heads up players range (he could be a lot tighter or looser).
    Summary: T2 double-suited is good enough to ship it, but no good enough to call the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by ForrestFive View Post
      I think I got lucky.

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by GamblingProp View Post
        Were you the preflop shover or caller?
        Summary: T2 double-suited is good enough to ship it, but no good enough to call the ship.
        Thanks for the math explanation,

Yes I shoved 6bb from the button. The villain's actual hand 88 is probably top 10%.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...044_38A97FE1C9
        Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Aug 03, 2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

U the man gamblingprop!

Hanging off every word of that comment, nice work!

And yeah bro T2os got lucky!

But that's %50 of poker nice work!

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.