PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a bad return for Ten Cents Investment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a bad return for Ten Cents Investment

Second best - very short HU got in with A9o ran into AQo

Ran good in the crucial late stages

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...121_8C2BC8A3ED

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...144_433A10F60B

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...188_019DF2339C

and had the chip lead briefly at the final 3 players

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...195_E373BBDD0C

good end battle and happy with result.

PokerStars Tournament #765683630, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $0.10 USD
    1767 players
    $50.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
    Total Prize Pool: $226.70 USD
    Tournament started 2013/07/30 9:00:00 WET [2013/07/30 4:00:00 ET]

Dear EdinFreeMan,

You finished the tournament in 2nd place. A USD 26.07 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Nice one Ed! Raiser umbup:

Comment

Well done Ed. Congrats. umbup:

Comment

Nice oned Ed!
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Never mind the cash - beating that many bingo's players is reward enough
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cheers all!

Ovalman - 1,767 players is a comparatively small MTT field for me - and yes of course there are the usual hordes bingo players to get past that you get in any Freeroll or tiny micro buy-ins MTT.

The structure is quite fast with 5 minute blinds and fairly steep escalation - this is the furthest I ever got in this specific format and nobody was ever very deep relative to the blinds in the late stages.

I think the extra $50 added really helps the prize pool - here, with $177 from buy-ins and $50 from stars a pool of $227 with about $125 on the final table - top spot was $37.62.

These games are a good place to practice MTTs and have a chance to build a roll from scratch. Definitely recommend them to any PSOers starting off building a roll. Wish there were more of these as I prefer them to the $0.10 360 sitngos, which pay $6.80 for top spot and are even bingoier.

Good luck all

Ed
            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
              Cheers all! Ovalman - 1,767 players is a comparatively small MTT field for me - and yes of course there are the usual hordes bingo players to get past that you get in any Freeroll or tiny micro buy-ins MTT. The structure is quite fast with 5 minute blinds and fairly steep escalation - this is the furthest I ever got in this specific format and nobody was ever very deep relative to the blinds in the late stages. I think the extra $50 added really helps the prize pool - here, with $177 from buy-ins and $50 from stars a pool of $227 with about $125 on the final table - top spot was $37.62. These games are a good place to practice MTTs and have a chance to build a roll from scratch. Definitely recommend them to any PSOers starting off building a roll. Wish there were more of these as I prefer them to the $0.10 360 sitngos, which pay $6.80 for top spot and are even bingoier. Good luck all Ed
              Nice one Ed!!! umbup: +1 on the value in these .10 ($50 added) MTT's. The $50 added to the prize pool is really like having another 500 players adding to the prize pool who you don't have to fade. I always liked the .25 ($100 added) that runs every night at 10PM ET for that reason as well. Totally agree that I wish they ran a couple more of both these tourneys a day. Huge value for players on a starting mini-roll.

Comment

Great job Ed! umbup: John (JWK24) Moxie's right.. that extra $50 helps. Played a good number of these before black Friday. Lots of deep runs, big +ROI, but no FT's.
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well done Ed,

I was really chuffed to read this! You have much more skill at this game than you give yourself credit for and with a bit of good fortune you should really be competing with the best pso has to offer.

I am expecting more in the future so don't let me down:-)

TC

Comment

Congrats Sir Edumbup: PH .

Comment

Nice one Ed, but next time win it all.

Comment

Nice win Ed, 20$ bankroll boost for 10cents invested? I'd make that investment all day.
                        Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.