PokerStars homepage
;
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Russian River

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Russian River

Its not often i lose the head with poker but when this happened i smashed my headphones off my wall.
    The guy who limps under the gun is a super LAG/Crazy Russian. In fact he is so mental i had to make a new colour group for him. Anyway, i check the flop going for a check raise because of his super aggro style i want to build a pot and get stacks in even tho we are super deep against his range i feel i have the nuts. He open shoves bottom pair which is perfect he just spazzed off like an idiot......until the river...... would have stood with overwhelming chip lead and good shot of another FT!!!

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...825_F80F3C056F

Wooozaaa!
    Triple Bracelet Winner

In fact he is so mental i had to make a new colour group for him
    I lolled

Sick hand, unlucky.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Im currently duck-taping my headphones back together lol
      Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

In the end, it was unlucky, but there is a BIG problem with this hand preflop.

With 2 limps, a raise to 525 is WAY, WAY too small. A standard raise at this blind level is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, which is 750.

By only raising to 525, the opp needs 29% equity to call and if you're playing even a 15% range.... THEY HAVE THE CORRECT ODDS TO SEE THE FLOP! If we give the opp the correct odds to draw and lose.. it's OUR OWN FAULT that we lose the hand, as the opp was the one that made a +EV play.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
          the opp was the one that made a +EV play
          Preflop - maybe, but not on the flop definitely, so I don't see an excuse for him anyway.

Comment

Just another crazy donk getting rewarded again

Comment

So we are talking Russian, Ivanaclueovich

Well how about >100bb all-in pre<.

Comment

You are forever getting at my bet sizing JWK24, but i understand why you do ijust wanted to try and keep player 5 in the hand. I usually stick to 3x + 1bb PL until blinds get to 100/50 then i change to 2.5x + 1bb PL and then finaly 2. when they reach 1000/500.
                Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ForrestFive View Post
                  So we are talking Russian, Ivanaclueovich

Well how about >100bb all-in pre<.

LOL i would've raged.

Comment

Too much hate for vodka on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.