PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this happen to all players? All in EV graph

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this happen to all players? All in EV graph

Hi guys
    So after playing on Pokerstars for a few months now my winnings graph has been looking atrocious

I started playing $1.50 Fifty/50's and have played a few Micro stakes MTTs.

I can't seem to ever run above EV and for my last 200 games the lines are completely apart

This happens to everyone right and it should fix itself out?
    Is there anything i can do about these results? The money isn't important, its the fact i can't seem to win any 50/50 or 70/30. The lines just keep on moving apart

Ps. Sorry if this is in the wrong section just wanna be reassured that this should eventually change

Last edited by Affluenza; Tue Jul 09, 2013, 04:55 AM.

as long as you play infinite games it will even out.

on a more serious note Torniments will NOT even out but hands will, so its hard to say that your run is bad luck or (no never) bad play.

Grade b
    Last edited by Grade b; Tue Jul 09, 2013, 04:59 AM.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Most of those were Fifty/50 (250+) so you wouldn't think there would be much variance right? I am playing bad then? I have had a LOT of bad beats but could be bad play.....
      Last edited by Affluenza; Tue Jul 09, 2013, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure I would trust the tournament graphs on HEM.

I've often seen them say I have had a losing day when I was actually ahead. Might be worth checking it is recording results correctly.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the EV line when looking at tourney results, because you need such a large sample before any conclusions can be made.

Clearly it's impossible for everyone to run below EV. About half of players are unluckier than average, and half of players are luckier, with most running fairly close to EV. There is a LOT of variance in tourneys, and you need to play many thousands of them to have a good idea of your true winrate.
          Fifithecat posted a similar graph but for hypers, but he was lucky to run good. Notice that even in a 500 game sample, actual results can be very different to expectation.
          Here's Fifithecat's graph for 500 hypers:

(More graphs in thread).

I feel for you, because you've clearly been running badly. Hopefully your luck will change soon.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply guys!
            I have looked over how HM is recording the stats and look to be correct

Will play a lot bigger sample then check my results

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.