PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes this a bad beat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes this a bad beat?

Its mostly psychological. The way that the cards get revealed. And as you woop it up and high five your imaginary gf and think what a fool ... then BANG next card out knocks your head off... http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...807_4E436DC9C0 It keeps happening. And we never seem to lay these bad beats on our opponentss - but there is a reason - it is because we are not those fools. Love to get bad beat by a fool. umbup: Ed
    Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Fri May 24, 2013, 11:45 PM.
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

Ed,

I had a similar hand happen to me last night, but it was KK vs TT. We WANT these people calling, as over time, they're going to fatten our wallets.

The other part is this too... if you never get them in good.. you can't get bad beat.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

My definition of a bad beat is a hand in which you put money in the pot as a (big) favourite, and villain sucks out.
      This hand is a textbook definition of a bad beat, because every time you put money in the pot, you were ahead. Villain, by contrast, bet, called and raised when he had the worst hand.

Well played sir!
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.