PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can you play against this!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can you play against this!!!

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

There are a couple things that stick out here. The first is the raise amount... it's way too high. A standard raise here would be to between 3X the previous bet (480) and a pot-sized raise (600).

Due to the preflop action, getting it in on the flop is fine, but we have to remember that no hand is invincible and every one will lose a % of the time... it's just going to happen. I want someone putting their chips in when they're a big underdog... it's how I'll make chips over time.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

is the bet size really that bad.... if i bet like you said then i give connected cards the right price to call.... so with a flop like that i feel kinda safe after a bigger bet (well though i was lol) and AA KK are going to be shoving over the top pre flop

Comment

btw this is how i went out lol

Comment

JJ loses to A8s just about 1/3 of the time... 1 in 3....

standard raises do NOT give connectors the right odds to play unless there are multiple, multiple callers.. and if that's the case, the overbet does the exact same thing.

Bet size tells is the biggest thing that many players look for online. Players that bet higher with better hands and less with marginal hands are very easily exploited.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.