PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They always get the miracle cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They always get the miracle cards

NL 5 Card Draw. Starting with a made straight. Got all the money in the pot. I stand pat (of course). Villain drew 2 cards. Villain made full house.

I've never played that game. What an amazing hand!
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

They always get the miracle cards

I am sure you know this, but actually they don't, it just seem that was to us. People remember the lower probability events happening quite longer than the more normal outcomes. It's the way our brains are wired.

Next, good players will face more bad beats as they are getting in ahead more often. Getting bad beats are a good sign for your poker game.

So don't: but: instead.

Comment

Yeah, the Villain obviously had the trip, and drawing for a pair to make the full house.

The probability is 16 to 1 (or 5.88% chance). Of course, he might have also hit the quad, which increases the probability very slightly to maybe 6% (woohoo!).

Of course, it's not as bad as hitting the one single miracle card (52 to 1), but still pretty bad. :p

Comment

One more gooder. Starting with 555. Again, going all-in. Villain drew THREE (3) cards this time. Villain made AAAJJ somehow?? So... WTF did he start with this time??? Oh and there was someone else with 222.

Comment

Is trip 5s really that good a hand to get it all in with before the draw in this game ? I don't play much 5 card draw but trip 5s is a pretty vulnerable hand even if does draw 3 and you don't improve ; not that villain played hid hand well .

Comment

Vulnerable? Of course, every hand except Royal Flush is vulnerable.

Trips are VERY strong to start with.

The fact that he drew 3 cards, must mean he had just a pair.

That's right, he drew THREE (3) miracle cards!!

Comment

I knew this guy was bluffing, and wanted to "price him out". Oh well, I guess pot odds don't really matter to crazy idiots.

Comment

This one is absolutely UNREAL. It's like he KNEW the gut shot was coming from the VERY BEGINNING.

Comment

THERE IS ALWAYS AND THE OTHER SIDE... http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...n-a-single-MTT

Comment

Originally posted by TangentZ View Post
                      This one is absolutely UNREAL. It's like he KNEW the gut shot was coming from the VERY BEGINNING.
                      They don't know the gutshot is coming. They don't know much about probability is all that can be said.
                      Players like that are easy to beat in the long run. Let them chase their weak draws. They will NOT make money in the long run.
                      Bracelet Winner

Comment

yes he drew 3 , not good , but I think any half decent draw player knows commiting your entire stack before the draw with trip 5s is bad play even if he does draw 3 : what if had drawn 2 or just 1 ? then your trips look pretty poor . Most online poker players no matter what site are pretty pish at the game ; you played your hand in such a way that you could not get away from it if he had drawn 1 or 2 then bets into you or reraises after the draw .

As for the long run ............. ah yes the mythical long run .

Comment

I agree that three 5 is not the best hand,but it is still a strong enough made hand...as for the long run...it seems very long to my eyes...lol

Comment

Working...
                          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.