PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK takes a severe beating from AX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK takes a severe beating from AX

How often should AX beat KK? Just went out of The Bigger $4.40 after being crippled when my 3rd KK lost to AJ on Hand 93 - Blinds were 400/200 - I had 8.1k to his 6.5k - all in pf and he hits ace on flop. Earlier, on Hand 67 I got my 1st KK beat by AK all in pf after a small raise from me, blinds 250/125 - I had 14.7k to his 5.4k. The very next Hand 68, I got my 2nd KK beat by the same player who calls with any AX. This time I just called pf, no raises. Ace lands on the flop, he bets, I fold and he shows an ace. So that's 3 times in 25 hands KK lost to AX. As I write, just 16 hands later, still watching the same table, and KK this time loses to AQ all in pf. So 4 times in the space of 41 hands. That sounds like extreme bad luck for KK v AX to me, or am I wrong? What are the odds of that happening? I don't think I could have folded, or is that incorrect thinking? (On another note, I'm writing this as therapy against tilting in the next tourney. Calm down! Calm down!)
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

If the opps range is any A, KK will lose just under 1 in every 3 times.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Would be great one day to get somewhere near those odds with KK, though I think 3-outer Aces will be the death of me.
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

same here to ...i did a blog keeping calm try to read it

Comment

Originally posted by hiddensmiles View Post
          same here to ...i did a blog keeping calm try to read it
          Thanks for that. I think I need some Zen like state of mind to deal with KK losing to AX 3 times within 25 hands! That was a killer. Good luck with your cards.
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Pokerstoved it:

KK vs AJ - AJ wins 28.8% of the time
            KK vs AK - AK wins 30.0% of the time
            KK vs Ax - Ax wins 29.7% of the time (31.4% if you include AA as a possibility since you didn't see 2nd card)

The chance of losing all 3 of those hands consecutively - 2.7% (Using the 31.4% for Ax)

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.