PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wtf seriously?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wtf seriously?!?!

    so out of a 4,000 runner tourney we are down to around 150 players....

    http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...423_7B7FE0BECF

    How did this type of player get so far?!

  • #2
    Then I'm re-united with out lil donkey friend, and thiss happens....

    Comment


    • #3
      seriously wtf!!!!!!!!!!

      last 60 out of 4,000!!!!!

      http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...743_69BE211A62

      Comment


      • #4
        Nothing wrong in both his plays
        Bad beats happen, it's part of the game

        Comment


        • #5
          I wouldnt put nearly 20% of my stack in with Q6 even in late position , with also the possibility of the limper still in play .

          You played it right.

          Comment


          • #6
            This late in the game if he's a LAG player, that is normal play for him and this late in the game, AA is an all in.

            Just my thoughts

            Comment


            • #7
              I forgot to link the other one,

              I was back on his table, and he was calling every bet from some other unfortunate guy, with 2-4!!!! he hit runner 4's!!! wtf!!

              The KQ was fair enough, I had been pretty active and was stealing blinds, but it's typical BS that when I'm close to a big payday, I get screwed!

              always the same, I'm confident in my play because I cash quite a bit but I never get past the $100 ish mark ...

              Anyway I feel that I have moaned far enough now, so I'll shut up and be positive! haha

              Comment


              • #8
                Happens to us all, here's my worst beat today. I had a read here and was almost positive my opponent was shoving light.

                http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...531_D53D3D8DC7
                Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                  This late in the game if he's a LAG player, that is normal play for him and this late in the game, AA is an all in.

                  Just my thoughts
                  I have to agree with sandtrap, the aa should of been a push,, and i think the aq push utg was a bit speculative you could of ran into ak etc just as easy and theres know way with his stack was he going to fold his hand.

                  I think you played both hands backwards to be honest.

                  And an observation, look up LAG, its a style that can produce chips fast but also the opposite it can lose you chips fast.
                  Look this up, dont change your style if your TAG, just understand how the LAG players think, and this will help you to understand, and then when a LAG takes down the pot you will just laugh it off,
                  spotting a donk from a LAG is hard work but there are tell tails that give them away.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                    Nothing wrong in both his plays
                    Bad beats happen, it's part of the game
                    Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post
                    I have to agree with sandtrap, the aa should of been a push,, and i think the aq push utg was a bit speculative you could of ran into ak etc just as easy and theres know way with his stack was he going to fold his hand.

                    I think you played both hands backwards to be honest.

                    And an observation, look up LAG, its a style that can produce chips fast but also the opposite it can lose you chips fast.
                    Look this up, dont change your style if your TAG, just understand how the LAG players think, and this will help you to understand, and then when a LAG takes down the pot you will just laugh it off,
                    spotting a donk from a LAG is hard work but there are tell tails that give them away.

                    Totally disagree with you two here on the initial action in this hand.

                    Villain 7 does have the advantage of the button here yes,but calling off roughly 20% of his/her stack is weak poker and doing it with a wildly speculative hand like Q6s,against a limp and then a 3.5x raise,is a spew. Nothing else. The player is at 8.5M,they should only be coming into an already opened pot with a shove here. And if they are into shoving a hand like Q6s against the prior action in this hand...well perma "buddy list" status for them. Heck if the replayer showed player ID's I would be adding this player to my notes database as we speak. Really bad poker by the villain here IMHO.

                    Buttchins' 3.5x raise is OK,I personally would probably go 4 or 5x here myself (more likely 4 as that would tend to be my standard). I really don't see the need to shove,we're LP on the CO and are perfectly fine with seeing the opening limper feel already invested and coming along. Plus we invite the button and the blinds to possibly shove over us with hands like AK,AQ and 99+ (Hell even wider than those ranges in a $2.20 Turbo MTT,let's be honest). 13+M we're a little deep to just be shoving against only an opening limp from a stack we have dominated. I personally like buttchins' pre-flop play here.

                    When the villain luck boxes this flop we're always going to double them up. The 40K bet off the flop is a little heavy but it's really immaterial here,we should be betting at least 1/2 the pot so we're pretty much always trying to commit the other 2 players to make a stack decision on any call off the flop. There's nothing about that 8d on the turn that would make me slow down personally. I honestly think Buttchin played the hand well here and that the villain played a terrible call pre-flop well after he got gifted with 2 pair.


                    The KQs hand is standard,no bad beat there. With the effective stack sizes in play here I'm probably flatting myself,as I wouldn't fancy shoving to ISO here as it's already an all-in call for the button and SB,and I would not be happy seeing the BB call a shove as I would know I'm probably crushed.

                    holdem he's 2.75M here. If you think that shipping with AQo is a sketchy play from ANY position at this point then you really need to do some thinking on that claim.

                    Well played both hands buttchin,just ran into the reality of why it's not ever easy to make FT's in deep field MTT's.
                    Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sun Dec 16, 2012, 12:32 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
                      Happens to us all, here's my worst beat today. I had a read here and was almost positive my opponent was shoving light.

                      http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...531_D53D3D8DC7

                      That's sick.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey Mox, view it as a donk, LAG view if you can, we have limper, then a raise from hero, LAG/donk on the button and as posistion, he sees it that if i call and maybe the sb or bb calls, and then the more than likely initial limper would call.

                        This gives me good odds to call.

                        Reason one maybe....

                        But personally at this stage I dont want to be fighting on the flop 3 or 4 way, I want my aces to isolate the original limper and make it heads up if he/she calls.

                        The button certainly is not calling a shove with q6?

                        The worse case senario everyone folds we pick up a nice pot.

                        The bet to me just did not look like aces, it seemed a strange size bet and maybe thats another reason.

                        As for the AQ moxie, he was low stack yes, but could he consider making better itm, maybe a open limp just to see?
                        I just personally felt a shove was the wrong play at the time, I do it myself, when maybe I could squueeze a few more orbits and get a better position spot to push.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          open-limping is NEVER good.

                          John (JWK24)
                          Super-Moderator



                          6 Time Bracelet Winner


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by holdemace486 View Post

                            As for the AQ moxie, he was low stack yes, but could he consider making better itm, maybe a open limp just to see?
                            I just personally felt a shove was the wrong play at the time, I do it myself, when maybe I could squueeze a few more orbits and get a better position spot to push.
                            Are you seriously going to limp AQ then fold on the flop when you miss?
                            when your in the
                            BB next hand would leave you with $74,177 less BB and antes you have $60,177.
                            Then the SB you would have $60,177 less SB and antes you have $52,177

                            So 3 hands later your on the Button with $50,177 after antes.
                            And there is $31,500 in the pot. If your lucky enough for it to get folded around to you, You should be shoving any two cards, and expect the BB to call with any two cards.

                            Unless you plan on time banking and folding every hand till you blind away, hoping to min cash.
                            Then AQ is a shove here every time IMO
                            Good Luck

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              yea limping was probably a bad example. But thats all it was.

                              It depends on the money ladder presuming the hero was in itm,

                              I think i may of folded, to be honest, and yes maybe blind away and grind up the money ladder.

                              Looking at the large stack sizes the job was going to be extremely difficult to come back, so sometimes if the grinds only an extra money place.

                              The grind is worth it.

                              I think his stack could of with stand another rotation maybe.

                              Its hard for me sometimes to comment, Sometimes a hand just does not feel right.
                              This felt wrong to push the aq, call it gut but i would of bet on callers and the aq losing.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.