PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pokerstars should be called river stars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pokerstars should be called river stars

50c 45 man why is it always me i must be at least a 90% favourite on the flop then stars loves to put a perfect turn and river card **deleted player insult JWK24**
    Last edited by JWK24; Mon Nov 26, 2012, 08:08 PM.

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

I'll gladly take being an 86.2% favorite preflop.... but... that does mean that I'll lose 13.8% of the time.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

u mean 100% of the time with the best hand on stars

Comment

Not really. You just got unlucky. The other guy was just playing crazy. J7 off is definitely not an appropriate hand to be shoving an 18 BB stack with.

I know it appears as though the river changinges the outcome of a hand a lot, but I also think it only looks to be a lot more than it actually is. Been on the wrong side of a river far too often to disagree with that. But fortunately, the river also works in our favor from time to time.

Would be interesting to see KK play J7 a few hundred times and then see how often J7 really wins...
        The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
        Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Comment

This is a common assumption that you MUST get out of your head. You were never 90% favourite in this hand, you were 85% when the chips went in and that's all that matters.

The bottom line is in this situation you will lose 15% of the time. It happens, dust yourself down and get on with the next game. Look at what odds you are when the chips go in only. Don't look at any other information because it means nothing.

When you master this you are well on your way to turning things around. It doesn't just happen to you, it happens to me, all of PSO and even the best players in the World. It's the random nature of poker that means anyone can get lucky. It keeps the poor players in the game and wins good players money.

Don't beat yourself up over this. It's +ev getting our chips in every time in this spot.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

These beats happen to 95 percent of us online and sometimes live on occasions. Stick to solid brm and they shouldnt matter. Sick runner runner tho.umbup:

Comment

Poker should be called river stars
              Fixed. umbup:

Comment

yep defo umbup:

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.