PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty lame brag....but

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty lame brag....but

After what has been a horrific run of results for me at the tables I have managed to finished 3rd in a 45 man SnG tourney. 2nd in my 6 player SnG and then 1st in the next one after that.

Add-in an overall winning total at cash games (Not a lot but still) and I am feeling a little better about my game.

I've actually played well and got positive results.

A late reply but it always helps when you get something from the game. Hopefully it will inspire you to something better. I find if I cash in anything then it boosts my confidence and I play well in subsequent games. Similarly if I fail to cash after a few games then my confidence goes and I start to play badly.

Keep that run going, you know the big win will come sooner rather than later.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

I've played a lot more since I made the original post. Won quite a few $1.50 SnG's and got a 8bb win rate in 2NL Zoom over nearly 4,000 hands. So I am doing better than I had been.

Feel like I know what I am doing now.

Comment

I'm playing around 10 years with a positive ROI and still learning. There are days when everything will fall into place but there will be other days when you really bang your head. As long as you keep looking over hand histories and learn by your mistakes you will do well. There are a lot more bad players than good in this game, you don't have to be the best to win in this game.

This site will give you a 5 year head start over me.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.