PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four aces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four aces

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I wasn't sure where to put it.

Mad flop in tonight's evening Open Skill tourney.

In the space of a week, I've been beaten 3 times by four aces, (once when I had four kings), and once by a royal flush. How common is that? Or is it unusual? Not complaining, just wondering, I didn't expect to keep running into such huge hands in such a short space of time.

This guy had pulled his all in trick before with a raggy ace, hence my play with the jacks. I figured the limper would fold, based on watching the table. I put the guy on an A rubbish, he had something a bit better, but I wasn't far away. I know I could have just folded and waited to score a few more points, but at the same time, you often can't help but go with solid reads.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=7A3ED2ACA4

***moved to better fitting forum JWK24***
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

When I'm in downswings, for some odd reason it makes me feel better to see other peoples similar bad beats

Maybe you're the same?

1. Royal Flush > Quad Aces at the WSOP (with a random appearance from Ray Romano)

2. QQQQ>9999 at the World Open (with commentary from Phil Laak)

Comment

That's so bizarre. must be fixed lol. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction!!

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ha ha ha, it's certainly bizarre.

Comment

And again today, beat by four of a kind queens. What's going on with all these four of a kinds, are they actually more common than I think?

Comment

The Royal Flush one's extra funny with that guy all jacked up on Mountain Dew - I used to drink that Code Red when I was trying to kick my Diet Coke 'addiction' and it's got a ton of caffeine ... more than Coke Yum! So tasty, but so much sugar - not healthy, so I switched to fruit There was a point when I was playing SNGs where I was seeing at least one or two quads a day, so I guess maybe they're more common than many of us might think? And then because I thought they were so rare, I kept forgetting to include them in my ranging. So then for a while I was good about remembering to think trip/boat/quad every time I saw a paired board, but then they stopped coming for a while, and everytime I see one again I feel blindsided. I wish I could always remember to include them in my range just in case ... Thanks for the reminder that they're not so rare Hopefully your luck'll turn around soon umbup:
              Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Jun 26, 2012, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.