PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How on earth do you fold this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How on earth do you fold this?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=D5603F8FA7

Personally id be raising more pre flop, this makes it harder for someone with a hand like K3 to call or raise, but just pre flop you leave yourself open to being caught out by these hands.. after that its just how it happens sometimes..

Comment

IMHO, it's really not an issue as to how high you bet preflop... It's the issue of who's at the table and what's he onto...

$27.50, late in the tourney... we're of the same stack me being on top by less than 100 chips (we're both around 30K+)

OPP was the button, EP raised, EP+1 reraised, middle flats, myself, CO re-reaissed it to 3/4 my stack, making the EP, and MP all in, and the button shoves... fold, fold fold, and I call...

boom! The button showed 8c2s... off suit!!! Flop trash, turn gives him 1 card straight draw, and river gives him it!

Now, don't tell me, he wouldn't have shoved his nuts, if I went all-in PRE??? Coz he knows that a 4-bet of 3/4 of stack commits that raiser to the pot!

He won't fold... He wants to shove. Before this he was at 3K, 3 hands and he's more than 30K...

It really is drunk driving...

Originally posted by Austerror View Post
      Personally id be raising more pre flop, this makes it harder for someone with a hand like K3 to call or raise, but just pre flop you leave yourself open to being caught out by these hands.. after that its just how it happens sometimes..

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.