PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feel like tilting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feel like tilting

right guys great one all my bad beats gone now sufering for 2 days good beats and split pots?
    why does the variance not change when i change tables?
    you know what im thinking agin but wont say it pleae explain b4 i go mad..

why is this in the pso support forum?, it should be in the who cares about listening to me whine over and over while ignoring solid advice from everyone forum

Comment

*** Moved *** Thread moved as content relates to the Bad Beat section. Hi Holdemace, Even the greatest players have very bad days. Their true greatness is to be able to pick themselves back up, learn from where they went wrong, and get back on a winning streak again. Watch as many videos as you can, read as much theory as you can, and complete the courses, staring with the basic and core course. These will really help you with your game. You have to put the work in to get the results and that applies to everyone. Raiser umbup:
      Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Jan 20, 2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
        why is this in the pso support forum?, it should be in the who cares about listening to me whine over and over while ignoring solid advice from everyone forum
        its in the pso section because im asking pso no one else roomik,and there is nothing wrong with my poker my freind along with the other 90 percent of ppl who lose on here.
        so what you suppose to do fold everything? dont think so!
        and royal still does not answer my question yes poker as its bad days but from 1 tourney to the next,from one table to the next i would expect the variance to change so why doesnt it,and that day or days you just keep losing i dont get it?

Comment

you dont get it do you? read up on poker variance... it is more than 3 or 4 games, I have a friend who lost 800 buyins straight before he broke out... and he is a winning player, makes around 10k a month. so stop with bitching about losing 3 times in a row and get a life

Comment

you dont get it do you? read up on poker variance... it is more than 3 or 4 games, I have a friend who lost 800 buyins straight before he broke out... and he is a winning player, makes around 10k a month. so stop with bitching about losing 3 times in a row and get a life
            you are such a heckler does someone pay you for this? i do get it and understand everything about poker,have won on every internet poker site except this one,constant coolers all the time yes you can argue its how many hands you see,but thats my argument 2 days and no variance change come on,if i entered a live tourney and had countless bad cards,the next tourney i won expect better because of variance so why is my coin landing on tails for two days,on different tables different formats etc,and the truth is you cant answer that can you?

Comment

800? Sure makes my 19-game losing streak seem like a minor thing. And yeah, I'm talking chips here. One day, Moxie, one day.

Seriously though, we all go through those downswings. If you think getting your butt kicked in a tourney, think what the ring player must be feeling like. Varience is a real bankroll kicker. A streak like roomik17 described would eliminate everyone who couldn't afford such losses.

Heck, my minor blip had me yanking my quills. You question everything, including the validity of the software. Perhaps that's the biggest difference between us. Real numbers proved the honesty of the site. Until you get over the paranoia, you will always rely on luck. Frank Sinatra told you about her, and you had better listen.

Same thing here. Start examining your game. Ask yourself why you lost, and the answer isn't "the other guy got lucky."

1 --- Did you have as strong a hand as you thought? (your outs versus his)
              2 --- When did your opponent beat you? (pre flop, post flop, turn, river)
              3 --- When did you suspect he had the better hand? (sometimes that inner voice is a real pro)
              4 --- How hard did you push? (I'm still working on betting strategy)
              5 --- Did you fall in love with your hand? (seeing a set on the flop can blind you to that flush)
              6 --- What is your record with this hand? (are pocket pairs causing you to donk pre flop)

Yes, there will be times when you did everything right and lose. Nature of random chance. However, you should be examining more than just the last hand.

Most important, work on that tilt issue you said you have. That's the very first thing you need to do.

Comment

lol wow 2 whole days? how many games??? did you read my friend lost 800 buyins? that
                is 800 games before he broke out of it. if you flipped that coin 3 or 400 thousand times than maybe something is wrong. Until you get a clue about stats and probabilities and get off of your I can read people and tell what cards are coming theory you will be a loser, maybe you will never win, who knows... and also variance also has an impact on poor play, maybe all your wins are the other side of variance, and now your horrible play being beaten constantly is the variance turn around

Comment

If you think about it, if you flip a coin enough times you're bound to get a streak of ten heads in a row. This still would happen even if you switched coins. So I wouldn't count out the fact that it's just a losing streak, but you might be tilting a little from the losses and your game might be suffering. I would re-evaluate why I've been losing. Is it just bad beats and suckouts? Or did I make poor decisions? Either way some time off wouldn't be a bad idea. Poker is just a whole lot of decision making and if you bombard your mind with them for long enough I'm sure everyone's performance would drop. Rest, regroup, try again. Hope that helps.

Good Luck,
                  Syd

Comment

cheers cairn at least thats a respectable answer i can understand and give some thought to,i get really anoyed because i have beat other sites and well have a proper struggle to get any consistency on this one,so you must understand why i cant understand why,people keep qouting im a bad player when im not,its just seems so much harder on here than all the other places i play.

Comment

Originally posted by sydhollow97 View Post
                      If you think about it, if you flip a coin enough times you're bound to get a streak of ten heads in a row. This still would happen even if you switched coins. So I wouldn't count out the fact that it's just a losing streak, but you might be tilting a little from the losses and your game might be suffering. I would re-evaluate why I've been losing. Is it just bad beats and suckouts? Or did I make poor decisions? Either way some time off wouldn't be a bad idea. Poker is just a whole lot of decision making and if you bombard your mind with them for long enough I'm sure everyone's performance would drop. Rest, regroup, try again. Hope that helps.

Good Luck,
                      Syd
                      cheers syd good point good input

Comment

Seems like Cairn beat me to it :P I think my previous post should just have said "Listen to Cairn."

Comment

lol wow 2 whole days? how many games??? did you read my friend lost 800 buyins? that
                          is 800 games before he broke out of it. if you flipped that coin 3 or 400 thousand times than maybe something is wrong. Until you get a clue about stats and probabilities and get off of your I can read people and tell what cards are coming theory you will be a loser, maybe you will never win, who knows... and also variance also has an impact on poor play, maybe all your wins are the other side of variance, and now your horrible play being beaten constantly is the variance turn around
                          cheers roomik sry for the bad comments but to say im just a whiner when im on this forum to fiquer myself out is not good feedback,yes im quick to react but because of this im able to stop myself tilting away my entire bankroll,

Comment

Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
                            *** Moved *** Thread moved as content relates to the Bad Beat section. Hi Holdemace, Even the greatest players have very bad days. Their true greatness is to be able to pick themselves back up, learn from where they went wrong, and get back on a winning streak again. Watch as many videos as you can, read as much theory as you can, and complete the courses, staring with the basic and core course. These will really help you with your game. You have to put the work in to get the results and that applies to everyone. Raiser umbup:
                            sorry royal just in a tilt again arent i?

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
                              800? Sure makes my 19-game losing streak seem like a minor thing. And yeah, I'm talking chips here. One day, Moxie, one day.

Seriously though, we all go through those downswings. If you think getting your butt kicked in a tourney, think what the ring player must be feeling like. Varience is a real bankroll kicker. A streak like roomik17 described would eliminate everyone who couldn't afford such losses.

Heck, my minor blip had me yanking my quills. You question everything, including the validity of the software. Perhaps that's the biggest difference between us. Real numbers proved the honesty of the site. Until you get over the paranoia, you will always rely on luck. Frank Sinatra told you about her, and you had better listen.

Same thing here. Start examining your game. Ask yourself why you lost, and the answer isn't "the other guy got lucky."

1 --- Did you have as strong a hand as you thought? (your outs versus his)
                              2 --- When did your opponent beat you? (pre flop, post flop, turn, river)
                              3 --- When did you suspect he had the better hand? (sometimes that inner voice is a real pro)
                              4 --- How hard did you push? (I'm still working on betting strategy)
                              5 --- Did you fall in love with your hand? (seeing a set on the flop can blind you to that flush)
                              6 --- What is your record with this hand? (are pocket pairs causing you to donk pre flop)

Yes, there will be times when you did everything right and lose. Nature of random chance. However, you should be examining more than just the last hand.

Most important, work on that tilt issue you said you have. That's the very first thing you need to do.
                              as always the Hedgehog has such wisdom for you. Your mission if you choose to accept it ........... is to stop your whining study your game and realise that you have a losing record over 360 days because you are making the same mistakes over and over.
                              there are so many people in here that have turned their game around because of the free education that they can get here.
                              Accept the help and change or don't and keep losing.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.