PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victory Hand II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory Hand II

Hello again, Bad beats !! Bad beats !!!! the two words that somehow we all have suffered from at some point and still. Have a look at this : this happened few hours ago lead to my early exit from a premier tourney. I wanted you to see this , I want you to see what happens to a hand, that we might think is strong. What we should learn from this and learn it well is that "bad beats " are inevitable , it happens to all of us . Get over it as quick as possible. I did ,and I WON the very next tourney few minutes ago. It is possible. Good luck all ,

well considering the amount of outs he had this was absolutely not a bad beat, it was definitely unlucky without any doubts. But bad beats are most of the times considered hands that win with just 3 outs or something like that.

But I feel you man, and indeed it's inevitable and we should learn to life with it

Comment

*** Moved *** Hi Arisoze, Classic example of a Bad Beat and your right, they are inevitable. But as you say it's how you deal with them that counts! EDIT: A lot of merit to what Taomage has to say about it too! Raiser umbup:
      Last edited by royalraise85; Mon Jan 16, 2012, 03:07 AM. Reason: addition!

Comment

Re I have to apologize for not making my point clear enough. If I ever wanted to ask for sympathy over a bad beat I would have definitely posted the following (also PSO Exit) or many other hands that I had. we all have had similar experiences. the point is that we don't let any false thought to overcome our capability of playing cards , to do our best, to play poker because that is why we are all here.

Comment

As long as you keep getting the money in good, you will accumulate countless bad beats, and you're right, it's how you deal with them that counts. Just remember that in order to have these bad beats, you have to be getting your money in good in the first place. That usually means you are playing well.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

cooler/spoiler

imagine what a cooler that would've been to him if you made 1 of your 8 outs on the river; missing at minimum a flush, with sf & rf potential after already having you beat on the turn....sick for you, though, the ace on the river wasn't the ace you wanted to see.
            Last edited by SküllDüggery; Mon Jan 16, 2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.