PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My bad beat thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bad beat thread

I'll posting All My Bad Beat Here: Here is my 1st and hoping my 2nd won't come so soon.

remember, you can't get bad beat if you don't get your chips in with the best hand.

This first one, however, does NOT qualify for one. Yes, you had the best hand for part of the hand, but when your last 650 went in... you were behind. If your chips don't go in when you're ahead, it's not a bad beat.

Raise the flop, shove the turn here. Slowplaying bottom set will get you into trouble more often than you think.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      remember, you can't get bad beat if you don't get your chips in with the best hand.

This first one, however, does NOT qualify for one. Yes, you had the best hand for part of the hand, but when your last 650 went in... you were behind. If your chips don't go in when you're ahead, it's not a bad beat.

Raise the flop, shove the turn here. Slowplaying bottom set will get you into trouble more often than you think.

Thanks for the clarification and advice JWK24.

"I stand steal not to rock the boat and did not notice it was sinking"

Comment

Will this be consider as bad beat?

Comment

before you act there is $280 in the pot that means you bet 280+ 80+80 or 420 at least to reduce field
          before the 33 acts there is $760 in the pot thats enough to make it worthwhile for 33 to steal all the dead money out there
          in other words 3 guys limp raise with $200
          you should know by now players will easily call your $200 bet
          that vastly improves pot odds for anyone acting afterwards
          to me a bad beat exists when you play hand correctly
          this hand you played incorrectly
          you were inviting the 33 to do what he did
          had you gone all in instead of betting $200 then 33 would have had to bet all in after investing only $80 to two players who went all in
          you and the KK
          but with 3 or 4 players limping out $200 each it means its an easy all in for 33
          tougher all in for 33 if AA + KK went all in and others folded
          see the difference ?

both AA and KK were greedy and wanted others to enter the pot
          which led to both KK and AA losing
          Last edited by XXChris123; Fri Dec 30, 2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

when you had 66 and flop was 99 6 you did same thing you invited others to enter pot
            you had a flopped boat and your concern would be that some one had a 9X and would fill up by river
            instead you checked to invite others to invest
            once players invest they never let go allowing them to out draw you
            your bets should be designed to get value and to stop others from drawing out on you
            redesign the way and the reasons you bet and you may improve your winnings

its ok to lose correctly\
            it sucks to lose by incorrect play

Comment

Big $11 Pot is ripe for the taking and need to protect my pot but got unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by XXChris123 View Post
                before you act there is $280 in the pot that means you bet 280+ 80+80 or 420 at least to reduce field
                before the 33 acts there is $760 in the pot thats enough to make it worthwhile for 33 to steal all the dead money out there
                in other words 3 guys limp raise with $200
                you should know by now players will easily call your $200 bet
                that vastly improves pot odds for anyone acting afterwards
                to me a bad beat exists when you play hand correctly
                this hand you played incorrectly
                you were inviting the 33 to do what he did
                had you gone all in instead of betting $200 then 33 would have had to bet all in after investing only $80 to two players who went all in
                you and the KK
                but with 3 or 4 players limping out $200 each it means its an easy all in for 33
                my idea is to maximize and by betting 420 it will drive the 33 out and will be HU with KK, i know AA will have lesser equity with 3 way pot but it has a +EV? right?

tougher all in for 33 if AA + KK went all in and others folded
                see the difference ?

both AA and KK were greedy and wanted others to enter the pot
                which led to both KK and AA losing
                Is it the right idea to conceal your hand and let them put their chips in the middle if you know your ahead?

Comment

when you had 66 and flop was 99 6 you did same thing you invited others to enter pot you had a flopped boat and your concern would be that some one had a 9X and would fill up by river instead you checked to invite others to invest once players invest they never let go allowing them to out draw you your bets should be designed to get value and to stop others from drawing out on you redesign the way and the reasons you bet and you may improve your winnings its ok to lose correctly\ it sucks to lose by incorrect play . .
                  ok thanks for the adviceumbup:

Comment

just can't get the other side of the coin

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.