PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a bad beat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a bad beat?

This donk did this to me to this with junk hands. I was having a shocking tourney and somehow scraped past the first points bubble, and with my first pocket pair (88) of the tourney (on the 63rd hand) I raised, he shoved with Q4, I called and he did not improve, getting my stack up to over 5K. About an orbit later, this happens:

*** moved to more appropriate forum JWK24 ***

This is absolutely a bad beat (and a really bad steal attempt by the opponent).

You were a very large favorite when the chips went in, were an even larger favorite after the flop and were extremely unlucky on the turn/river.

Calling a shove with AQ here, especially if you have a history that the opp will shove light to try and steal is the correct play.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for moving it to the correct forum, I noticed you'd had a re-arranging and couldn't find it. Now I know where it is.

Comment

there should be a link for a day in the old forum (linking to the new one).

Keep making the correct plays and you'll do fine playing. You will get unlucky beats, but remember one thing...... you won't ever get a bad beat, if you didn't make the correct play in the first place.
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.