PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost gave up on this game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost gave up on this game

Within 10 minutes I was the first one knocked out of two tournaments I played in row.

The first was like this. It was the very first hand, I was the button and dealt JJ. Everyone folds and it gets to me so I go in with a hard raise. About 400 if I recall. The SB and BB both call. The flop comes and it's 6,7 and 9 non of the same suit. I feel pretty safe with none of them being the same type of suit. So I go all in saying to myself, if one of them has QQ or better, oh well Im beat. They both call me only for me to see they're both holding 8,5 off suit giving them both straights. They split while I get knocked out. It was sureal.

I sign right back up for another tournament and first hand I'm the BB. Everyone folds and it gets the SB who goes all in. I'm holding AJ and still being frustrated from the previous tourney I say screw it and call. The cards get dealt and he/she is holding A4. Im winning the whole way and he or she rivers' me with the 4.

I almost cashed out right there and threw in the towel on poker.

I had to take a few days off to let the steam out.

If it weren't for the fact my bankroll is still on the + side I woudn't have given up. Lately is like like I'm up 20, down 20, up 20, down 20 and it just goes on..

Hang in there mate hopefully your bankroll will skyrockett soon.
    Last edited by chuckkky; Tue Nov 15, 2011, 11:52 PM. Reason: Too many beers

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.