PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't get it - Do you??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't get it - Do you??

:rageis is from a women's tourny, about an hour in, I can't follow the logic here. Could someone help me understand from the villian's point of view??
    Bracelet Winner

B i n g o ! ! !
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Based on your post I believe you are making a mistake by assuming logic lies behind the villains actions. I think in this case if there was a scrap of logic it was obviously very twisted.

Comment

I get the $400 bet but after that its bingo like JWK says.

Comment

Thanks, guys, I am having a real problem figuring out some of the opponents I've had lately in these tourneys. It's like they have a crystal ball that tells them they're going to hit, there's no other reason for them to play these hands so aggressively!!

The strange thing is, there's not a lot of bingo players in the women's leagues, usually it's pretty much ABC until the final table. I expected this opponent to fold to the push, that would happen at least 9/10 at this blind level.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

[QUOTE=joy7108;310093]:rageis is from a women's tourny, about an hour in, I can't follow the logic here. Could someone help me understand from the villian's point of view?? hrmm...it looks like your opponent tried to bluff you thinking you might be a VERY tight player and will fold to a raise, (because limping and then reraising from a limp can be a very bold move) which usually says PREMIUM HANDS I sometimes do this with Aces to maximise profit, .... they were not expecting you follow trough with your aggression, luckily for them they hit. but if u had good cards you should have just pushed all in instead of reraising as u were already pot committed and there was a chance your opponenet could have folded because of the aggression. but some people dont play poker by the book, there is a big crowd who play by feel, maybe this is what happened here today.
            Last edited by 2edgar; Tue Nov 15, 2011, 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar lol

Comment

If it makes you feel any better I had a situation that almost made me quit poker the other night.

Within 10 minutes I was the first one knocked out of two tournaments I played in row.

The first was like this. It was the very first hand, I was the button and dealt JJ. Everyone folds and it gets to me so I go in with a hard raise. About 400 if I recall. The SB and BB both call. The flop comes and it's 6,7 and 9 non of the same suit. I feel pretty safe with none of them being the same type of suit. So I go all in saying to myself, if one of them has QQ or better, oh well Im beat. They both call me only for me to see they're both holding 8,5 off suit giving them both straights. They split while I get knocked out. It was sureal.

I sign right back up for another tournament and first hand I'm the BB. Everyone folds and it gets the SB who goes all in. I'm holding AJ and still being frustrated from the previous tourney I say screw it and call. The cards get dealt and he/she is holding A4. Im winning the whole way and he or she rivers' me with the 4.

I almost cashed out right there and threw in the towel on poker.

I had to take a few days off to let the steam out.
              Last edited by C-mac687; Tue Nov 15, 2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Simply amazing, nobody saying you shouldn't have gone toe to toe with someone that had your stack covered, noone saying anything about possibly folding to his reraise after a flat call, must be nice to be in this club.

again and again and again

Comment

Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
                  :rageis is from a women's tourny, about an hour in, I can't follow the logic here. Could someone help me understand from the villian's point of view??
                  Maybe this... http://youtu.be/4DUmoJNQK2o

Comment

[QUOTE=2edgar;310143]
                    :rageis is from a women's tourny, about an hour in, I can't follow the logic here. Could someone help me understand from the villian's point of view?? hrmm...it looks like your opponent tried to bluff you thinking you might be a VERY tight player and will fold to a raise, (because limping and then reraising from a limp can be a very bold move) which usually says PREMIUM HANDS I sometimes do this with Aces to maximise profit, .... they were not expecting you follow trough with your aggression, luckily for them they hit. but if u had good cards you should have just pushed all in instead of reraising as u were already pot committed and there was a chance your opponenet could have folded because of the aggression. but some people dont play poker by the book, there is a big crowd who play by feel, maybe this is what happened here today.
                    what hand were you watching ?? i see why you are out of t.p.
                    sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Originally posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
                      Simply amazing, nobody saying you shouldn't have gone toe to toe with someone that had your stack covered, noone saying anything about possibly folding to his reraise after a flat call, must be nice to be in this club.

Not sure what club you're referring to, but if you think I should have folded just say so. The re-raise was less than double, 99% of players in the league would shove here if they had a premium hand. I read the re-raise for what it was, a steal attempt, and acted accordingly.

At any rate, I was asking for insight into the villian's play, not mine.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

stake is just mad cause he got "picked" on for his bad play the other day lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stakehorse75 View Post

Not sure what club you're referring to, but if you think I should have folded just say so. The re-raise was less than double, 99% of players in the league would shove here if they had a premium hand. I read the re-raise for what it was, a steal attempt, and acted accordingly.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

i understand ur frustration, but the fact that they called ur 4-bet shove with T4 shows they don't seem to care and were just trying to get lucky. was this the first time this player had gotten out of line so far in the tourney? and i see someone at ur table with 8500 in chips--thats hard to do in the first hour of a tourney without some donking going on. therefore, it's really ur play that we need to evaluate here. i don't understand how a minraise 3-bet is a steal attempt. at the very least, ur calling this bet and going to the flop. no way anybody should ever be folding there unless the opponent who made the minraise is like an ultra ultra nit. if u are willing to get all the money in preflop so early in a tournament with such a big stack, u have to understand that u will get donked out a lot. so u bascially took a lot of strategy out of ur play by pushing preflop and left ur fate to the poker gods. ur only about a 2.33 to 1 favorite preflop, and only a 1.22 to 1 favorite on the flop. not too great of odds to have all ur money at risk so early and with such a big stack.

Comment

I have some thoughts..

Was there any past history with the villan? could she be on tilt? I have done simular silly things having lost a big hand to some horrible suck out, even if it was at an other table. (I'm sure I'm not the only one, even though now days i'm more likely to count to 10 and boot up a new table)

what was your image here? Could she think you were stealing... although still a horrible call ...

It was a misclick....

hoping to get some chips and move up you get them in all tournys but is a little wierd to see this move after so long, looks more like a 5 minute in sort of play.

Grade b
                              Last edited by Grade b; Wed Nov 16, 2011, 02:00 AM.
                              I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.