PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Most Stupid Call Ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Most Stupid Call Ever

Sattelite to the big 3.30, 20 left, tickets to top 11, cash to 12th, i'm 3rd.

Sorry couldn't get hand replayer to save it

PokerStars Game #69998617278: Tournament #461111741, $0.14+$0.01 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (800/1600) - 2011/11/04 4:12:02 WET [2011/11/04 0:12:02 ET]
    Table '461111741 8' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 2: tezuka2k (20052 in chips)
    Seat 4: boobylops (15884 in chips)
    Seat 5: Legendary817 (13710 in chips)
    Seat 6: andrey666145 (10700 in chips)
    Seat 7: waltimgv (15079 in chips)
    Seat 8: YefersonV (17300 in chips)
    Seat 9: dodo60 (4380 in chips)
    tezuka2k: posts the ante 150
    boobylops: posts the ante 150
    Legendary817: posts the ante 150
    andrey666145: posts the ante 150
    waltimgv: posts the ante 150
    YefersonV: posts the ante 150
    dodo60: posts the ante 150
    andrey666145: posts small blind 800
    waltimgv: posts big blind 1600
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to boobylops [Ac Ad]
    YefersonV: raises 15550 to 17150 and is all-in
    dodo60: folds
    tezuka2k: folds
    boobylops: calls 15734 and is all-in
    Legendary817: folds
    andrey666145: folds
    waltimgv: folds
    Uncalled bet (1416) returned to YefersonV
    *** FLOP *** [7d 8d Jc]
    *** TURN *** [7d 8d Jc] [Th]
    *** RIVER *** [7d 8d Jc Th] [Kh]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    YefersonV: shows [As Qc] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
    boobylops: shows [Ac Ad] (a pair of Aces)
    YefersonV collected 34918 from pot
    boobylops finished the tournament in 20th place

Absolutely no need to play this hand, but I couldn't resist, serves me right.

I like the call. Get your chips in with the best hand.. it's all you can do.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Gotta disagree, 4 players would blind out in the next two hands and I could have made it past the bubble by check/fold/stall tactics,had at least double the stack of 8th place down, the tables were really badly balanced.
      Also I had lost 10k on the previous hand with AK to a raggy straight.

I think this was a rare case of fold AA but maybe I'm wrong
      Last edited by boobylops; Fri Nov 04, 2011, 08:34 AM. Reason: Added details

Comment

Flat pay structure event, and you have double the stack of 8th on down with 11 getting paid?

I agree, it wasn't a great call. I'd hardly call it the "worst call ever" though...

Even though you have a chip advantage on a lot of players who may bust before you, you are still on a bit under 10BB. You are in mid position, so depending upon how long it is until the next level, and how steep the level increase might be, it COULD be that you'd need more chips to get ITM.

Consider it like this...

If a few of the mega short stacks got that short because they just went through their blinds, they'd tend to have more hands left before they post blinds again. If the levels go up before YOU hit the blinds, you might bwe facing a post off of upwards of 1/3rd your stack, putting you pretty close to those stacks who now LOOK much smaller than you. so you may well have NEEDED the chips from this double up, and it doesn't get much better than having AA to CALL off your stack.

Realistically, that is a lot of "if's" that would have had to be true to make you "ok" to trade something like a 90% chance at a ticket, for the 80% chance you are likely to have to double up with AA.

What I'd say overall is:

1) Your "gut" is probably right; this is a very special circumstance where folding AA pre flop was probably better.

BUT...

2) The spot was "dicey" enough that you MIGHT have needed the extra chips to lock down that ticket.

so this isn;t "great" as a call, but it was hardly the "worst ever".

Don't be so hard on yourself...get 'em next time!
        Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

GOT TO SAY, I HOPE I WOULD NOT MAKE THE CALL

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.