PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Too Darned Bad...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Too Darned Bad...

It's not so much the amount of money, as it is the number of opponents.

In terms of percentile, I think it's my biggest tournament win yet.

Granted, I did get very, very lucky a number of times.

But I'm still really happy to have done this well, especially since it was a turbo and I find turbos especially difficult.

PokerStars Tournament #447986455, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: 10 FPP
    5522 players
    $500.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
    Total Prize Pool: $500.00 USD
    Tournament started 2011/10/23 12:40:00 ET

Dear ILuvPoker77,

You finished the tournament in 5th place. A USD 19.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 204 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

Really well done, those tourneys are tough. Nice return on 10FPPs as well!! Congrats!! umbup:umbup:umbup:
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Great job! I've played a few of these in the past and that finish beats mine.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Very good finish! Good work umbup:

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

Comment

Hey, congrats Luv!! Nice going!!! umbup:

Comment

GOOD JOB umbup: WAY BETTER THEN ANY OF MINE DAMN IT
              sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

umbup: WTG!!!

Comment

Nice! My first final table at a money tourney was at one of these. umbup:

Comment

Great job luv!!! umbup: Running 5th in a field of 5500+ is an excellent result. FYI,as to the "very,very lucky" thing.... ...you are almost NEVER going to go that deep in an MTT with anything above 1000 runners without getting very,very lucky a number of times. So don't sweat that or feel like what you accomplished was a fluke. One difference between being a losing and a moderately successful MTT player is to rely as little on luck as possible. One difference between being a moderately successful and a very successful MTT player is being able to fully capitalize on the opportunities that come on the occasions when you DO get lucky.

Comment

I second Moxie Pip's statement. 5th in a field of that size is no mean feat umbup: Good Job Luv!

Comment

Thanks, Moxie and Royalraise!

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.