PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Enough

    Look, I like playing poker but sometimes these tourneys just get my goat.
    I've been knocked out in the last 5 tourneys all in exactly the same way. Some donk raises 3 times the pot pre-flop from mid position I re-raise with at least QQ and the the donk calls flop is a rainbow I have highest pair. eventually it turns out that the donk gets trips on the turn or river with his 77, 44 33 22 ....... I understand this happening once or twice but its so much so that I have started to fold KK and QQ on the button......

    Oh and my AA AK(suited) and KK have NEVER beaten 74 offsuit all in pre-flop......

  • #2
    Know exactly how you feel, I'm bustin a gut trying to do well in the skill leagues and a few tournaments ago i shoved with AA and got called by 8 4 off.

    The Flop ...... you guessed it........

    8 8 4.

    No further comment !!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      It's all part of the game, running good, or running bad.

      Sometimes you sit in a tounament for hours and hours with out getting a playable hand, other times you get AA like seven times in a short space of time and you win all of them. But you win only the blinds because everybody folds as if they can see your cards.

      You need to learn to see the funny side of it, because if you dont, poker may very well turn out to be not your game.

      Comment


      • #4
        Never change the way you play because of bad results. Those QQ, AK, KK hands really do win most of the time. That doesn't mean you can't lose eight times in a row, it means in the long run, if you play the hand correctly, you will win more than you lose.
        Bracelet Winner


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Crumblepie View Post
          It's all part of the game, running good, or running bad.

          Sometimes you sit in a tounament for hours and hours with out getting a playable hand, other times you get AA like seven times in a short space of time and you win all of them. But you win only the blinds because everybody folds as if they can see your cards.

          You need to learn to see the funny side of it, because if you dont, poker may very well turn out to be not your game.
          Im not saying I dont see the funny side. It just gets tiresome after a while especially when you are in the mood for a good session...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by joy7108 View Post
            Never change the way you play because of bad results. Those QQ, AK, KK hands really do win most of the time. That doesn't mean you can't lose eight times in a row, it means in the long run, if you play the hand correctly, you will win more than you lose.

            Well statistically that is true. but I am really a bit displeased that a lot of mediocre players actually win tournaments by playing unbelievable hands out of position and take all these risks that are really bad moves. I really cant count the times have I've seen someone move all in pre-flop with 73 offsuit in in middle 1 position and win with a straight with the last card favouring the player to drop at the river. It's unreal.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by boobylops View Post
              Know exactly how you feel, I'm bustin a gut trying to do well in the skill leagues and a few tournaments ago i shoved with AA and got called by 8 4 off.

              The Flop ...... you guessed it........

              8 8 4.

              No further comment !!!!
              I think AA should be played in a few different ways. I know that it's not a good idea to let the opponents see the flop or turn and river cards. but in the early stages of a tournament you can get paid better by slow playing AA. I'd push with AK pre-flop though because the distribution of the cards gives a clue that another player might be holding at least one A so if your AK is suited you have a lot of outs to beat AA and double up. But if I play live its all about position and pushing pre-flop really isn't poker....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by memsinan View Post
                Im not saying I dont see the funny side. It just gets tiresome after a while especially when you are in the mood for a good session...
                When i get to the point where I am tilting because of the suckout, I leave the MTT/S&G's and go for some PLO cashgames.

                I mean, if you get nothing but suckout, you might aswel enjoy it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  here again solid proof of pokerstars being rigged!! i know exactly what u feel! i allready started a topic about it that it's caused by drunk marsians lol

                  it will pass believe me thes monkey's can spoil your day but eventualy u know their play and if your patient enough u can start picking of on them

                  i had a hughe fight with one of them lately because he shoved and shoved with ATC, building up 20000 chips in 20 minutes. i waited, getting good cards, picked on him 4 times and he was back at 2000 chips and i was chipleader!!

                  just watch them closely

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 77wopke77 View Post
                    here again solid proof of pokerstars being rigged!! i know exactly what u feel! i allready started a topic about it that it's caused by drunk marsians lol

                    it will pass believe me thes monkey's can spoil your day but eventualy u know their play and if your patient enough u can start picking of on them

                    i had a hughe fight with one of them lately because he shoved and shoved with ATC, building up 20000 chips in 20 minutes. i waited, getting good cards, picked on him 4 times and he was back at 2000 chips and i was chipleader!!

                    just watch them closely
                    Well I wouldn't say it's rigged...possibly juiced. But I do believe everyone has the same disadvantage....so nothing changes.
                    And I agree with you all donks eventually suffer the same fate.....

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Originally posted by 77wopke77 View Post
                      here again solid proof of pokerstars being rigged!! i know exactly what u feel! i allready started a topic about it that it's caused by drunk marsians lol

                      it will pass believe me thes monkey's can spoil your day but eventualy u know their play and if your patient enough u can start picking of on them
                      Okay wopke, which is it? These two statements are pretty contradictory.


                      Hang in there memsinan, like you said, statistically, these strong starting hands hold up as often as they should. It's just our minds that play tricks on us into noticing the bad plays, bad beats much, much more than the hands that go as we expect them to.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nah its rigged, trust meumbup:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post


                          Okay wopke, which is it? These two statements are pretty contradictory.


                          Hang in there memsinan, like you said, statistically, these strong starting hands hold up as often as they should. It's just our minds that play tricks on us into noticing the bad plays, bad beats much, much more than the hands that go as we expect them to.

                          u off all must know that even marsian have a drinking limit and eventualy are gonna make mistakes

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            just play single table SNGs, no MTTs. there's always one or two idiots who bust out in the 1st five minutes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ketchup143 View Post
                              just play single table SNGs, no MTTs. there's always one or two idiots who bust out in the 1st five minutes.
                              very well said. but I do like playing freeroll tournaments.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.