PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop it!

I don't have alot of luck at cash tables. And hands like these really don't help! The first one was yesterday. Maybe a re-raise post would have pushed him off, but you have to think you're good here. Don't you? Secound was today. Last one was sometime ago when I was feeling flush and thought i see how it was on the bigger money tables. Was looking like a fairly profitable adventure untill this. 98% in front at the river! Oh well., back to the dollar sit n goes

First one, I'm shipping it on the flop after the action in front of me. The player with the set of 5's may lay it down knowing he's behind, or he may call and the result will be the same in the end. Either way I'm okay getting it in while I'm ahead. 2nd one's just a tough break. 3rd one I'm probably betting bigger on the flop, although just like the first hand, there's no guarantee your opponent goes anywhere hitting the flop the way he did. Tough breaks, but keep at it. umbup:

Comment

Well son I remember replying to your first thread about bad beats in tournies a while ago and now I find I am going to have to take your hand in cash

Completely different kettle of fish here and if you remember the old way you used to play then you will be much more successful in min cash games. There are a few tips I will give you when I get back from holiday and start playing poker regularly again. In the meantime have a look at the 6 max videos and the grinding up series fro Felix. They offer a great deal of invaluable help and advice how to win at these levels.

Cheers,

Dad

First point I note is that you are not playing with 100BB in any of the games. Regulars will note this and will be willing to play for stacks seeing you as a newcomer. I often start with shorter stacks on the 2NL to warm up, maybe even on 5NL, but as soon as i move up the levels I am buying in for 100BB and reloading if I go under that.

TC
      Last edited by topthecat; Tue Aug 16, 2011, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.